SNIPERS UP!! Recalled Today!

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

SNIPERS UP!! Recalled Today!

Postby puddleduck1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:59 pm

So,
I was standing outside of my home today playing with my son in the yard when a Fed Ex truck pulls into my drive way. Out jumps a lady who hands me a certified letter. I look at the letter and it says Kannsas City on it. Thaught NO 1... NOT THICK ENOUGH TO BE MY MEDICAL RECORD! Thaught no 2... I HOPE THEY KEPT MY LONG GUN CLEAN CUZZ ITS BACK TO THE SAND BOX I GO. Let me know what the deal is if anyone has any info please
puddleduck1
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Your MOS is 8541...(I mean 0317 now)?
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby puddleduck1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Sure is. I got out 1 year and 3 months ago. I was a HOG with 1st battalion 2nd marines. I love the job but thaught I was done. Oh well buisness is buisness right!? were you a sniper?
puddleduck1
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:21 am

Sorry to hear you have to go back. Stay safe over there.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby bgoldhunter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Nope.

Watch your 6 over there...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Duckhead79 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 pm

I think everyone else (the adversary) over there would wish they had watched there own 6 when he gets done!!! :hi:
Duckhead79
hunter

Postby msmall » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 am

What is someone going Hadji hunting again??? Stay safe and God bless.......
msmall
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:39 pm

(Jealous) :mad:

My hadji hunting days are over. Hey were you there in '03 with 1/2? I was with 2/8 in Nasiryah with yall.
devildog28
hunter

Postby puddleduck1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 pm

devildog28 wrote:(Jealous) :mad:

My hadji hunting days are over. Hey were you there in '03 with 1/2? I was with 2/8 in Nasiryah with yall.
no I just missed that one. I will try and take some trophys for all of you. Semper FI
Its never to young to start!!
puddleduck1
hunter

Postby Boardman Waterfowling » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:59 pm

yeah im heading to a long range Reconnaissance and Surveillance school then im heading to back to afghanistan in a couple of months. It sucks that school is puttin a dent in the first month of duck season. Well life goes on. Take care.
Boardman Waterfowling
hunter

Postby EJA » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:35 am

Good Hunting ! Stay safe.
Eric Carroll
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet
Union Carpenter Local # 2012
EJA
hunter

Postby duck hunter 09' » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:22 am

hey i aint outa the military or nothin, im actually just a teen in highschool, but i have been thinkin bout goin in to the military to become a sniper....
is there any advice you can gimme bout anything?

ty and i appreciate any advice.
duck hunter 09'
Newb

Postby Rick618 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:45 am

Shooting is one of the parts of the job but is small compared to the recon.

Learn lots of patience.
Rick618
hunter

Postby duck hunter 09' » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:48 pm

thanks for the help

i have started teaching myself to take that extra second to calm down and make sure my sights are set on the target...

thanks again and if there is anymore help please tell
:thumbsup:
duck hunter 09'
Newb

Postby blineman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 am

09, my advice is this........ if you want to be a sniper dont do any kind of self teaching, none. You will think your teaching yourself but your learning bad habits.

Let the instructors who have learned what they do by doing it.

My second bit of advice is just dont do it. Its not as "cool" as you would think. Trust me on that one.

Now to all the service members that have made the grade and are on there way to lock-n-load, keep the sand out of your bolt, make love to the dirt, and pray you have the best spotter in the world, hes the man.

Good luck

5TH S.F. Delta Viet-Nam 68-70
Honkers 2

A Dumb Ass is someone that tries something, that will not work, change nothing, and expect differnt results.
blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:19 am

duck hunter 09' wrote:thanks for the help

i have started teaching myself to take that extra second to calm down and make sure my sights are set on the target...

thanks again and if there is anymore help please tell
:thumbsup:

Worry about making it through the regular infantry first son :thumbsup: you can't even try out for snipers until you've at least been in a couple years.

I'll put it to you this way, there's alot of regular 0300 11b(army?) guys that can shoot just as good as snipers can, but like the mission of an infantryman better. I'm one of them :thumbsup: And I'm not sure about army training, but you will have to dig deep just to make it through Marine Corps boot camp and infantry school.

Like blineman said you and everyone else that has shot since they were kids :rolleyes: know nothing until you're trained by instructor. Case in point. Everytime I go to the range I see guys young and old shooting targets as close as 50m with big azz scopes on their rifles. And like clock work I get a few laughs when I'm at the 100, 200, etc with an open sighted rifle. It quickly turns to shame when I "keyhole" shots while they get happy to just hit paper.

I'm not being arrogant but I didn't pick up a rifle until boot camp. :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Dog, I shot a renington .308, weaver K-4 scope and to this day have the same weapon, less the scope.

Somthing I forgot to let 09 know about. Out of all the people enlisting in the corps, army, navy, there are only about 250 that can even try out , out of that 250 over 1/2 get dumped the first week! Now out of the remaining 150 only 5 will make the grade.

Hitting your target is only 1/3 of your passing grade.

I am not saying you couldnt do it, I seen some people you would never think could do anything like that, like Mr. Rodgers, yes the funny guy with the stupid sweaters. He was a Navy Seal and has 25 confermed kills by his hands and his K-bar in Viet-Nam.

Good luck to you bud.
Honkers 2

A Dumb Ass is someone that tries something, that will not work, change nothing, and expect differnt results.
blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm

blineman wrote:
I am not saying you couldnt do it, I seen some people you would never think could do anything like that, like Mr. Rodgers, yes the funny guy with the stupid sweaters. He was a Navy Seal and has 25 confermed kills by his hands and his K-bar in Viet-Nam.

Good luck to you bud.

That has been disproven sir.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 pm

I didnt know that, when and by whome may I ask. I do belive you, dont take it wrong . And dont call me sir, I worked for a liveing :rofl:

Just dont tell me Lee Marvin didnt take a round in the arse and that Capt. kangaroo didnt pull him to safty on Iwo.
Seen the Jonny Carson show the night Lee Marvin was talking about it.

I would hate to have all my heros debunked. :eek:
Honkers 2

blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

blineman wrote:I didnt know that, when and by whome may I ask. I do belive you, dont take it wrong . And dont call me sir, I worked for a liveing :rofl:

Just dont tell me Lee Marvin didnt take a round in the arse and that Capt. kangaroo didnt pull him to safty on Iwo.
Seen the Jonny Carson show the night Lee Marvin was talking about it.

I would hate to have all my heros debunked. :eek:

hate to do this to you...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... n.htm?rd=1

Now Hathcock....that's no urban legend :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Now aint that a crock of bull pucky, that just pisses me off to no end.

I watched the Carson show where Lee Marvin told his pack of crap, respect level just fell a lot.

As for Hathcock I know what he did, the best damn sniper ever born. That man could hide in a swinning pool, hit his mark, and make it out to do it all over again. I heard about him when I was in Nam.

I got picked on in the Army for talking about how he was the greatest, they would always tell me "hes a jarhead" all I could say was I am glad hes with our side.

I tell you one thing I dont care what branch of service you were or are in now , when the crapola hits the fan you love any body that comes to help out.

I worked with the Mag 12 in Chu-Lai ,all Marines ,when we all got over the Marine vs. Army thing there was no beating us by no body.

We are ALL americans .

Thanks for bringing this information to me Dog, I thank you.

How long have you been out?
Honkers 2

blineman
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 am

i got out in '04 after four years. Like you I'm a retired bum, even though I go to school.

I agree with the whole army vs. usmc thing. I did notice a difference in fighting styles though. the army tended to use technology and numbers to fight, whereas we used tactics. I will say that they broke contact a lot while we kept fighting until we were done. Maybe it was just the unit :huh:

I never got to take any "sniper like" shots like you and hathcock. Most of my shooting was with a grenade launcher and shooting a rifle into alleys or doorways. :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby blineman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:41 am

I can hide better in a jungle, I think everyone can. That door to door crap is wild.

My son returned from Iraq about 100 days ago, he was in the Army and in a recon / sniper unit, he told me the unit that replaced them was ,well lets see if I get this right, not very good. ( not exactly his words)

If they made contact the other units zreos would make them break it soon after.

I think the unit is what deterimins most outcomes of a battle, you get the lazy unit and you get a kick ass unit.

I liked the fact that nobody screwed with me over there, was given orders and went out to compleate them.

Iam a tactics man myself. I love sneeking and never being found out.

I never had a problem sending a round down range and dont have a problem with what I did . All these freekin hippies had a problem when I got home, now I have these assbites comming up and welcoming me home, what a load of crap. If there are any of the old hippies reading this well its too late to welcome me home so just shut yer trap and sit dowm, dont mean nothin. :rofl:
Honkers 2

blineman
hunter

Re: SNIPERS UP!! Recalled Today!

Postby NickK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Stay safe my friend, God bless.
Love to duck hunt :)
NickK
hunter

Re: SNIPERS UP!! Recalled Today!

Postby killer0009 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 am

stay safe and everything....oorah fellow devil
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first."- Ernest Hemingway
killer0009
hunter

Return to Military Forum