Duck Hunting Forum banner

mojo dove is awesome

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  steelslinger 
#1 ·
Just bought a mpjo dove this season and it is awesome!!!!!!!!! Killed out 3 times and killed 9 and 10 other days!! It turns a random dove hunt into a simulated duck hunt the way the doves decoy. And man are they hard to hit when coming in to the decoy with the wind. Awesome!!

#5 ·
I took a mojo dove and a baby mojo out to a cut wheat field over the summer to work the dog over decoying birds.

In 2 hours I shot 33 pigeons. It was a riot! The mojos worked great. I had a few doves swing through to take a look and were in gun range, but the pigeons came in on a rope.

#7 ·
Yesterday I got see first hand how the Mojo Dove worked...like a charm.

I was set up under a telephone pole (which usually is the best seat in the house) and had a mojo out about 20 yards from me and I got some good looks and shots....

But a buddy of mine was set up in the middle of field in a little brush pile and with his mojo and 6 or so decoys on the ground he was in the money spot. It was amazing to see the doves work right to him. I have never seen doves decoy like that. I will be purchasing a mojo dove (I borrowed one yesterday) and a dozen or so decoys that can clip on or sit on ground.

#10 ·
I took 6 mojo doves down to Mexico this past season for my annual dove shoot.

A normal shoot is 15-20 boxes in about 2 hours. With the mojos we were shooting 25-35 boxes a shoot.

It was a blast. The only issue is that the mojos make the dove do some crazy stuff... no obvious flight path to swing on.

Tons of fun and VERY effective.

#11 ·
I was wondering about these. I bought some clip on doves from Wally world and I think my husband and his capt thought I was crazy when I pulled them out and clipped them on a dead tree. Honestly I didn't see a difference, but I only tried them once plus it is about impossible to get them up to the tops of the trees where the birds would normally land. Our desert trees are full of stickers and don't have big limbs. I will try again during the late season. Not sure about a mojo though. I kinda like the simplicity of dove hunting.

#12 ·
Naturegirl said:
Honestly I didn't see a difference, but I only tried them once plus it is about impossible to get them up to the tops of the trees where the birds would normally land.
Naturegirl, take your decoys and attach a snap swivel to the back of the decoy where they have that molded plastic loop. Attach the other end of the swivel to a rod and reel. Cast it over the high limbs and reel it up to where it looks like the dove is sitting on the tree limb. Keep the line tight and lay the rod on the ground. Works like a charm. In order to get them down, don't try to reel them back over the limb. Simply give the reel some slack and when the decoy reaches the ground, unsnap the swivel and reel it over the tree limb. If you don't you may pull on the decoy and get it hung up in the tree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.