wanted:serious hunting buddies. no part timers

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

wanted:serious hunting buddies. no part timers

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 am

looking for die hard duck buddies to hunting with in southern ontario. Note: bird hogs, and yahoos need not apply.[code][/code]
1diverdown
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 am

Pm jehler,hes really hard core.So is Don but hes laid up.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 am

thanks. wonder if they could post something on this thread. love to trade local stories and tips.
1diverdown
hunter

Postby fido » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Whereabouts in S. Ontario, I'm from Northern Ontario, but I do make a few trips down during the season. Mainly near the Oshawa, Peterborough, Orillia areas. If your around there, could possibly hook up some time.
HOOKED ON QUACK
fido
hunter

Postby cityhunter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Where r u located in South Ontario.
I am in GtA
cityhunter
Newb

Postby duckmanz71 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:29 am

I live in NY right acrossed from prescott, near brockville, about an hour south of otawa
duckmanz71
hunter

Re: wanted:serious hunting buddies. no part timers

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:28 am

I live in halton hills, but do most of my hunting in kawartha lakes. I do hunt crop fields in the area, but the area, has started to have an urban feel. went out for the nuisance and killed 16, my buddy and i, but had to play retriever in a foot and a half of mud.
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby silversnipe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 pm

i have a couple of sweet spots here in cambridge for ducks and geese! we should hook up and share spots
good luck baggin em
silversnipe
hunter

Postby The Canuck Kid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:08 am

and you are going to invite me too right? :wink:
Good things grow in ONTARIO
The Canuck Kid
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 am

For sure ,snipe. What I'm really looking for is a pond. I had one that I've managed for a couple of years, But it was sold by the landowner. I bought a bag of Bio-logic duck stuff that I'm dying to plant. Tough to plant, But brings them in like crazy. It would have to be a pond with exclusivity, because it would't be fun, to put all the work in and find out someone else jump shot it the day before. I think we should take the canuck, if he gets us on ,lake of the woods, for November scaup.
''Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.''
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby floating redneck » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:55 pm

love to hunt with you but its a 43 mile boat ride for me to southern ontario darn that big lake, a lot of my family lives in ontario but there not duck hunters,they hunt something called a "moose"
"remember im pulling for you, we're all in this together" Red Green
floating redneck
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah, most hunters up here lean towards big game. Kinda think shooting a moose would be sort of like shooting a cow.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 pm

We could always meet half way. Niagra river over buffleheads
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby floating redneck » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:37 pm

im a lot closer to the st lawrence im on the eatern basin of lake ontario
"remember im pulling for you, we're all in this together" Red Green
floating redneck
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 am

this website is a form of therapy. it's good to know there's others' that share the same sickness. I was at a summer BBQ a couple of weeks ago when a crow broke from a tree, while talking to my GF brother, prompting me me look up. Here I am judging distance and speed, and by the time I snapped out of it, i looked back at, Mike, just in time to catch the , what the hell is wrong with you look in his face. I figure anyone who signs up for a chat site for duck dialogue must suffer from the same disease. What a relief
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 am

What's going on with the nuisance hunt? Anybody ready to blast honkers? I hope the beans come off in the next month, cause my hot field, that was corn last year, has switched to beans. I haven't seen alot of geese on the beans in this area over the years. Last year at this time it was a, freshly planted, winter wheat field, and we got e'm pretty good. always seems to be a challenge to find a cut field to hunt e'm in this time of year.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby NickK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm

I live in Cambridge :biggrin: We do most of our hunting on the Grand, public marshes, and private fields. Early season starts September 10th!!! Our wheat fields are already off :) Should be a good 10 days. Then the 26th for regular season :hi:
Love to duck hunt :)
NickK
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 am

I see that somebody else already has their regs and stamp.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 am

smashed them pretty good in february in a cut corn field off the 407, but this year it's bean. with it taking so long for summer to come, it's unlikely that that field will be cut, come september 10. might try the eramosa outside of guelph.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Postby sherlockbonez » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Off the 407? I drive there all the time and never seen anyone hunting anything around there.
sherlockbonez
hunter

Postby 1diverdown » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 am

lots of birds. from where I set up all I can see are sub-divisions and the 5 oclock traffic.
Winston Churchill
1diverdown
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting