Remember To Carry Valid License and I.D. When Hunting

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Remember To Carry Valid License and I.D. When Hunting

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:45 am

PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s fall hunting seasons will soon be opening, and Game, Fish and Parks officials are reminding hunters they must have in their possession both a valid hunting license and the identification used to purchase the license.

"Proper forms of identification include a valid, state-issued driver's license, a state-issued- and expiration-dated identification card, or for those under age 16, the HuntSAFE card," said Game, Fish and Parks Licensing Supervisor Scott Simpson.

This requirement applies to both resident and nonresident hunters. "We are trying to get the word out to nonresidents to remind them of this requirement, so if a resident has nonresidents who plan to visit and hunt, I would ask they remind them of this requirement," Simpson said. "This is an important part of our license process."

Simpson added that the last four digits of the hunter’s social security number are required of both residents and nonresidents when purchasing a license.

"We keep this information confidential, and it does not show up on the license, but is required by state and federal law as part of an effort to track delinquent child support payments," he said. "This is a requirement for all hunters, including youth."

Youth under age 16 are required to present their hunter safety card to a license agent when they purchase their license.

Licenses can be purchased at any of the 460 agents throughout the state, or online by accessing the GFP web site at www.sdgfp.info, holding their computer cursor over "Licenses and Reservations, then clicking on the link to "Buy General Hunting Fishing Licenses."

-
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting