Shoot RAGE......Trust Me

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Shoot RAGE......Trust Me

Postby YoungGun1991 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:49 am

If you don't want to track a deer no more than
20 yards....shoot RAGE!!!! This past week I shot 2
does & one ran 20 yards & the other ran 12 yards!

Respect the GAD!
YoungGun1991
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am

Are you using the 2 blade or 3 blade rages?

I'm going to be looking for some different mechanicals soon. I Shot a does with the new trufire switchblades and although I thought the blades looked kinda cheap, I used it anyway.

It killed the doe I shot at, but one of the blades broke off. I don't know if it broke off in the deer or on the way into the deer, but either way its not a good sign. I'm going to shoot the other two and switch off.

I have heard some good things about the grim reapers.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 am

2 Blades! if you use the 3 blades I'll hunt you down. The 2 blades have more damage and its less to worry about.

I still like my snypers. they are pretty much the same as the rage except they use the bands and are $10 cheaper :wink: .
Now if I could just see something to them shoot at. :mad:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:22 pm

I've been thinking about switching to either the RAGE or Spitfires but i talked to a guy last week who said he had shot 2 does using the RAGE broadheads and both times they didn't open up, they just went strait through the deer like a .22. That's my biggest fear with using the mecanical broadheads, but when they do open up it seems like it would just be awesome.
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:37 pm

They had some video on You tube testing out different broadheads, mechanical and fixed, and the 3 blade rage they used had problems with the blades not opening. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0

The reason I liked the trufire is that it seems like the sucker is going to open the blades on impact. I plaid with one of my heads several times, dropping it only an inch off the ground, and the blades opened with little force.

My only issue is the test I say on it, the darn trufire came apart, and in the deer I shot, one of the blades came off. It still had 2 blades to cut with but it still causes me some concern.

I'm still thinking about the grim reapers. They don't use o-rings and in the tests I have read and seen, they opened up and got some deep penetration. Better than most of the other mechanicals

I might also try out some 2 blade rages. Unless greenhead grappler's purpose in life is to go all over the internet proclaiming his love for them, I have read some good comments on them. I just don't like o-rings.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Not the Barrel :stouff: :headbang: :no:

Rage is a great broadhead. Probably the most used in the country. My only issue is the price. I dont care if you shoot rage or whatever. I just recommend 2 blades.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Not a big Rage fan myself. I've heard to many horror stories. Mess up and hit some bone, and they don't do to well. A guy came into work and had hit some shoulder with one and it went broadhead deep. I'd use them to turkey hunt though. Personally, I'll stick to Grim Reapers, but it's all about what you feel comfortable with. If you feel good with Rage by all means shoot them. Confidence in your equipment is what it's all about, and different people have confidence in different things.

Since the tru-fires came up, I wouldn't shoot them if you paid me to. Try and find the hog hunt on youtube where they shoot them at a pig. Barely penetrates at all and you see the arrow flopping around when the pig runs off. They just don't look like a penetrating broadhead with that big flat spot on the tip.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby roughstock23 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 am

Shot a 9 point on the 4th w/ a Rage 2blade @ 40yds w/ a complete pass through. Could see blodd 10-15yds at a time. 50yd recovery and the biggest entry and exit holes I've ever seen! Will never shoot anything else :thumbsup: Switched this year from a Muzzy MX4
"Call em close, Smack em in the lips" ruffryder19@myspace.com
Buck Gardner Pro Staff
roughstock23
hunter

Postby YoungGun1991 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:12 am

Yeah shoot the 2 blades!!!! Those are the greatest things
since sliced bread! But the only bad thing I can say is when you try
to put them in the quiver they want 2 open up, but when you nock
your arrow just check and make sure the broadhead is on tight. But
if you have ever looked at a RAGE out of the pack I dont see how
they could get stuck, it seems to me that they would have to open.
But thats just me .......... o and stay away from the trufire
switchblades, good design but still has some flaws.
Respect the GAD!
YoungGun1991
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:08 pm

YoungGun1991 wrote: But
if you have ever looked at a RAGE out of the pack I dont see how
they could get stuck, it seems to me that they would have to open.
But thats just me .......... .

I have to agree. I took one of my old snypers (which are pretty much the same design as the rage) that is my target broadhead that has been shot through a deer and into the ground 50 times. I poured super glue all in it to keep it closed.
Shot at a foam layered target and it still busted open perfectly. Finally wrapped it in thin wire to keep it closed.
I think if you open your broadhead yourself beforehand and make sure it works theres no way its not gonna open.

But I have my own horror preacher, I shot a hog three or four years ago with a broadhead that the blades fold back and it did what you said, stuck in about 2 inches. I never recovered that pig and i threw those things away. They were cheapos though. Bass Pro specials.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthARKduckslayers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Rage 2 blade is awsome ... shot a slickhead that went 20 yds and abuddy of mine gut shot a doe with them and we still had a decent blood trail to follow and recovered the deer. It wasnt even a complete pass through. It was videoed however and ill try to get that up.
Nov. 22nd the river runs red .....

Mallards- 27

Grey's-74

Woodies-5

Teal-15

shovler-7

jacks-3

wedgion-37

pintail-3

Merganser-1

172 after 9 hunts
SouthARKduckslayers
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 pm

I just watched the Realtree Monster Bucks 16 video and Tiffany Lakosky shot a 159 P&Y with the 2 blade RAGE. Tiffany sold me on em. I'm getting some!!!!!
Last edited by TNmatt83 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby roughstock23 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm

To keep the blades from opening I use a Bohning archery quick release quiver. I think its the Lynx or something, but ther's no foam in the top and the arrows attatch in two places so o slippage at all. i've had absolutely no trouble with the blades opening in the quiver since I switched :thumbsup:
"Call em close, Smack em in the lips" ruffryder19@myspace.com
Buck Gardner Pro Staff
roughstock23
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:53 am

Tiffany Lakosky sells me on just about anything.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:21 am

Yeah, that whole she safari outfit I bought fits me horribly.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:49 pm

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby YoungGun1991 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 pm

:lol:
Respect the GAD!
YoungGun1991
hunter

Postby jaker » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:38 pm

The rage make awesome entry and exit holes as long as you hit the soft stuff. My buddy shot a big 8 pt 2 days ago and hit it in the shoulder. The arrow fell out about thirty yards from the spot where he shot it. There was only 2 inches of bllood on the arrow. Needless to say he did not find the deer. My dad shot a nice 7pt with the same rage 2 blade last year. He had no otther shot so he shot it in the spine. The deer ran off and eventually the arrow fell out. He couldnt find the deer. That afternoon I had the same buck cross in front of me and I was able to kill it. I didnt even know it was the same deer. It moved fine and was definately not seriously hurt. We cut the deer open and examined the hole from his arrow. There was a slight nick in the backbone and that was all the arrow did. Both these shots were under 25 yards and should not have lacked any penetrating power at that range. So, in summary. do what you want but you better not hit anything hard or your screwd.
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

damn they put a big hole in em. i've heard good things about rage broadheads.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Trust me.....avoid the Tru Fire Switchblades. :mad:

if you insist though drop me a pm and I will give you a heckuva deal on Switchblades. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby gcbowhunter » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Ill take grim reapers over the rage any day. I can't think of any horror stories about the reapers right off the top of my head, compared to several about the rage. Plus the reapers have worked perfectly on the 5 deer I have killed with them.
gcbowhunter
hunter

Postby jaker » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:49 pm

I posted earlier about some of the horror stories about the rage, but i am starting to like them. I decided to try them last weekend and was able to shoot a 200# hog. The arrow didnt go all the way through because i shot it quartering away and it lodged in the far shoulder. The entry hole was so big that you didnt even need an exit hole. It must have been 4 inches or more.
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby getdowncoverup » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:40 am

i wonder why no one asked why that doe pictured looks like its fresh out the womb? i think it still has a milk mustache.......
Everything I Earn I Burn, And Everything I Own Is On Loan.
getdowncoverup
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am

Its the veal of the animal kingdom, I'd shoot it. :thumbsup:
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby getdowncoverup » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:Its the veal of the animal kingdom, I'd shoot it. :thumbsup:

just make sure the binky is out of it's mouth when you shoot! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything I Earn I Burn, And Everything I Own Is On Loan.
getdowncoverup
hunter

Next

Return to Archery