Cheatham Lake Dam - Ashland City

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Cheatham Lake Dam - Ashland City

Postby mox » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Does anybody striper fish Cheatham Dam? I grew up fishing Barkley and Kentucky Dams in KY. Still fish both places and other dams, while fishing lakes very little. I have camped down at the Lock-A Campground, and driven down to the boat ramp at the dam. I'm really wanting to catch some stripers down there. I'm open to advice, fishing trips, etc. Thanks.

(I already posted this in the fishing forum, but haven't gotten any replies.)
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:43 pm

dont know much about over there but kentucky lake is where it is at in the summer time. i cant wait.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby redlegwingsetter » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:14 pm

I fished Cheatham every weekend last summer it was not unusual for my fishin partner and I too come out of there with 4 fish in the 20-25lb range my personal best was 42lbs last year. your best bet is in a boat throwin rat l traps into the white water at the spillway gates. also Grandpa's sales a lead spoon that works well on overcast/ thunderstorm days. topwater is a great bet early morning in jun/jul/aug its really hot in july. throwin a pencil popper or super spook in red/white is your best bet. hope this helps PM me if you have anyother questions
cut em' boys
KY National Refuge Rat
redlegwingsetter
hunter

Re: Cheatham Lake Dam - Ashland City

Postby mox » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:55 pm

I drove to Cheatham Dam today and fished right after the big storm passed through. Caught 2 nice stripers, but I'm not satisfied. I saw all kinds of nice fish pulled out of the water by boaters today. I can't get my boat down here from KY, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to meet up during the week to catch some stripers sometime. I'll pay fuel costs. Send me a PM to work out some details. :thumbsup:
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting