Any Texas Gulf Coast Hunters?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Any Texas Gulf Coast Hunters?

Postby JTMaclain » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:55 am

I live in Matagorda County and was wondering if anybody else hunts in this general area?
JTMaclain
Newb

Postby texan68 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:29 pm

I hunt mansfield, way south
texan68
hunter

Postby TXXpress » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:04 pm

Galveston Bay Complex here.
Nice Shot there Podna... You just took out three dekes. The birds are in the air!
TXXpress
Newb

Postby two gun » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:58 pm

Used to guide out of Bay City and hunted East Matagorda for years. What do you want to know?
Keep Your Powder dry and your balls Lubed!
two gun
hunter

Postby Heather » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:39 am

i hunt Peach point most of the time. any regulars on here?
Heather
hunter

Postby two gun » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:41 pm

Yea, I know some guys from the Brazosport Area that hunt peach point and Mad Island. I used to hunt San Benard, Brazoria and Big Boggy almost exclusively (did I spell that right?). I've heard that Peach Point and Mad Island (both pay areas) have some killer lines in the morning. Most camping out in line the previous night. I just don't feel the urge like that anymore, besides I know too many spots that not many others no about.
You have to work harder, but the reward is awesome.
Keep Your Powder dry and your balls Lubed!
two gun
hunter

Postby Heather » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:49 pm

two gun-
you are right. i have spent quite a few nights in the car in line down there. i like the way it is set up. it's a lot easier for the person who doesn't have the means to get to the hard to reach places.
Heather
hunter

Postby BlueDuck » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:40 pm

Ive never hunted the coast before, but I want to hunt there this season & i am looking at a guide service out of aransas pass & I was gonna see if ya'll thought it was worth the money and travel from central texas.
Hammer Time!
BlueDuck
hunter

Postby TXbayhunter » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:15 am

west columbia texas here... i hunt east matagorda regularlyand sometimes down in big boggy
TXbayhunter
hunter

Postby canvasback22 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:29 am

Seems like E Matagorda gets a ton of traffic. I've been hunting and fishing that bay for years, but I've never had a killer hunt. I'm interested in hunting Big Boggy, but I need a little local knowledge if anyone's willing to share.

Does anyone use thier Bay Boat to hunt? I think a large majority of my problem is my Shoalwater sticks out like a sore thumb. I park that thing a half mile away, but it doesnt seem to help.

I've also hunted the NWR down by Matagorda and shot a few Gad's but nothing else. I would enjoy the opportunity to try something new this year.

Has anyone hunted Chocolate Bayou?

Takem!
canvasback22
Newb

Postby TXbayhunter » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:00 am

well ive been hunting that bay for a few years.. and we never usually do good untill the middle of the season.... i am thinking about trying it this weekend..... and yeah maybe your boat is a problem... and nope ive never hunted chocolate bayou... but i have scouted out there a few years ago
Who says 4:30 in the morning is early? to us.... its late
TXbayhunter
hunter

Postby TX_DUX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:49 pm

ya.. i have hunted the east galveston bay complex many times in the the marsh.... its pretty nice
GENERATION_DUX
TX_DUX
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:02 pm

I hunted it really hard the past three years. Right out off the NAS there in corpus christi and all along the ICW/shipping channel along all those islands, and Corpus Christi bay, and the bay side of Part A. Also pretty good WMA in Tivoli right up the road
shocktroop
hunter

Postby TX_DUX » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:10 pm

any luck in galveston bay complex this year anyone??
GENERATION_DUX
TX_DUX
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting