My opening weekend

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

My opening weekend

Postby honkerdowner » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

This Saturday morning we went to a PUBLIC spot to hunt and the some guys had their decoys out already and noone around. I am just wondering is this still first come first serve or how would you guys handle it. We talk to them later and he told us that he went out the night before and set them out.... Lets just say I had to bit my lips. And to top it all off they were some of the worse skibustin SOB's I have ever seen!!!! Well I suppose thats how it goes with hunting public land. The next day we left a lil earlier got to the spot and we were the first ones there. With all the rain that was in store for sunday we decide if those guys had their dekes out we would nice put them on the bank and replace them with ours. Well luckly there were no decoys to be found so we sat up and had a wonderful "wet" hunt. end up with 15 all together mostly blue and green wings but managed a couple of gads and a widgon. Thanks guys let me know what you whould have done.
Butt, Belly, Bill, BOOM!!!
honkerdowner
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 pm

6 woodies and a coot

its illegal to leave out dekes on public land i would call the CO and have them confiscate them

the guy i snow goose hunt with left 1 deke out and got a fine cant remember how much but it was a bit
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting