Just transferred to NAS Oceana! (HELP)

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Just transferred to NAS Oceana! (HELP)

Postby kfrenette » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:44 am

Hi everyone! I'm a Navy Chief that just transferred to NAS Oceana and looking to do some waterfowl hunting. I'm an avid hunter that is looking for a little guidance or possibly someone that is already established to go hunting with. I grew up in a hunting family and I'm knowledgable and respectful when it comes to hunting. I'm willing to pay for the gas & food if anyone want's to hook up for a hunt. Thanks in advance and it's good to find a site like this for all the people that enjoy this sport!!
kfrenette
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 am

I'm a fellow brother. If it weren't for the fact that I'm currently on deployment you would have a hunting partner. The base has a couple of stationary blinds on the lakes. It might be too late to get into the hunting. They require you to take their Hunter Ed class for the base regardless of whether you have a hunter safety card already. Go to the GW station outside the main gate on Oceana Blvd. (across from the stables) and ask them about the class. Lewdog is a great resource for the AD hunters. Look him up and he could probably get you out on a hunt. Good luck! By the way, where are you coming from?
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby kfrenette » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I just transferred from VR-52 up in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. How long are you out for?
kfrenette
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm

I'll be gone to sometime in March. Then I PCS in July. Still negotiating orders but looking for something out in the midwest.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Duck Huning around VB

Postby mjlduckman » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:31 am

Howdy brother, there's a lot of opportunities around the beach area. When i was stationed there 96-03 i mostly hunted back bay and intercoastal ww south of pungo near the pungo ferry bridge, i also hunted the northwest river and did pretty good. Get a jon boat or canoe from mwr and head south past pungo, lots of places to paddel around and shoot birds. I also hunted the ponds on Dam Neck, but not sure if that's available anymore. Good Luck
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Return to Military Forum