Looking for partner in Lansing/Maple River Area

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Looking for partner in Lansing/Maple River Area

Postby jt90078 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 pm

New to the area, been hunting the Saginaw Bay area for many years and have moved for job.

I dont have a boat here but just have some of the essentials, gun/decoys/waders/gear.

Looking for someone mostly to hunt weekday mornings..or a someone that can point me in the right direction!
jt90078
Newb

Partner

Postby bryan3204 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 am

I live in the Lansing area and hunt the are on a regular basis. Email me and I can tell you some places to go around here. Good luck.

Bryan
bryan3204
Newb

Postby MiDuck85 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 am

i am from holt and have a 15' boat with MM and have hunted there since i have started 6 years ago or so...i cant do the week cuz of work but weekends are good...

pm me with questions or what not
MiDuck85
Newb

Postby dukhunt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:51 pm

I just started duck hunting again here in Michigan originally from Wisconsin. All I have is a skiff for a boat and weekends work best for me. If any of you want to try to make it out I'm game. I'm just getting to know the area and have only been out to Maple Rapids a couple of times. PM me or send me an e-mail.
dukhunt
Newb

this weekend

Postby dukhunt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Any of you guys going up to the Maple Rapids are this weekend? PM me or e-mail me.
dukhunt
Newb

Saturday Nov 8th

Postby jt90078 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:07 pm

I can't make it out this weekend, but I will be set to go on the Saturday the 8th if someone is interested?

I know Saginaw Bay is getting divers down, not sure with this weather being warm this weekend but either way I'm game.

Reply/Email/PM me
jt90078
Newb

Tuesday Wednesday Hunts

Postby hunt686 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:56 am

I am going to the state game lands every Tuesday Wednesday morning close by. I need someone to hunt with. I live downtown Lansing. I hunt some Saturdays also. Let me know if you want to hunt.
If it flies, it dies!!!
hunt686
Newb

Re: Looking for partner in Lansing/Maple River Area

Postby pond_pup » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 pm

hello everyone new to the site, was wondering if I could ask a question about maple river. I am from Northeastern Michigan but am planning a hunt with my son the weekend of the 10th and 11th. what can I expect there, is there ice forming there yet? and should I bring a 16 ft boat, or should I stick with a canoe? or both? any and all information you can share would be greatly appreciated. planning to hunt this weekend on the ausable river for a mixed bag and lake huron for some diver's and white fish. cast and blast weekend closer.
pond_pup
Newb

Postby spartansfan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 pm

boat definently. i havent been up there since its gotten cold but i doubt theres to much ice. be aware the refuges are open there now so there are more spots to hunt.

howd you other guys do up there this year? i made it out there twice
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby pond_pup » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 pm

thank you! I have never hunted there but was hoping to set up a hunt with my son. where would be a good place to stay? st johns maybe? this years opener was the slowest I have ever had, but picked up since then, hunt woodies on beaver ponds, pick up some bonus blacks, green heads and few teal and gadwals. hoping for a good diver hunt this weekend. I'll let you know how we do. Hoping for some Harliquins and old squaws on the big lake.
pond_pup
Newb

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting