Duck Hunting Forum banner

foiles strait meat honker

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  ISHOOTDIVERS 
#1 ·
Anybody here use a Foiles Strait Meat Honker? I bought one last year and I dont know if Im blowing it wrong or It is a lousy product but my cheap call sounds more realistic than that does. Any feedback would be appreciated Thank you

#3 ·
I met Jeff Foiles over the week end at one of his duck and goose calling seminar and thye strait meat honker and all the rest of his calls sounded AWSOME!!!!! . All i kept thinking wen i wasw sittin the was WOW i suck.
i blew one of the strait meat honkers and i loved it ..... its a pretty easy blowing call crisp and clean . You know you can send your call to Foiles and he'll tune it for you that might be you problum hes a cool guy you know averge joe he bs we me about hunting and calls and all the good stuff.

xxxBLOODJUNKIExxx

#9 ·
I gree with bgold. Honker Talk has all the answers to your questions. If you prefer a CD, try Breakthrough II from Dave Smith. You can practice all you want, but you must have proper technique to be a successful caller.

#14 ·
Everyone that owns a short reed needs to know how to tune them. I called Foiles to have it tuned and he told me how to do it over the phone. Also with my stait meat mallard. The duck call was really screwed up and goose call the reed was install too deep. I now have two of the greatest sounding calls I have ever owned :thumbsup:

With that info I then grabbed all my other calls and tuned them in the same way. All those creap calls now sound like $100 calls. Man I wished I knew that before I dropped a couple hundred on Foiles calls :umm:

#15 ·
I blow Foiles both duck and goose, first shortreed was a Meat Grinder than stepped up to the SMH I love it, Like it better than any other short reed I have blown, another easy to blow and good call is the new Zink's Money Maker, but I still like my SMH more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.