Heartland Outdoor Waterfowl Week

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Heartland Outdoor Waterfowl Week

Postby Mallyard » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:11 am

I'll be at Heartland Outdoor in Hutchison on Sept 3rd for there Waterfowl weekend event. So if any of you happen to be there, I'll be the kid with the camo winchester hat, Max-4 Nodak Outdoors shirt, and a lanyard with 3 calls and a band. I'll also be blowing in the youth calling contest.. See ya'll there..

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fatweed » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:53 pm

what event is that..?? its opener for doves so cant make it...what is it,,is it all weekend..???
Fatweed
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:18 pm

There having a bunch of Reps from defferent companys.. example, Avery, Zink, Foiles ( I belive).. And there having different things going on all day.. Any thing from duck calling comps to calling demos to seminars on goose and duck hunting.. It sounds like a pretty big deal... Yah I might hunt the morning flight for dove and then head over to heartland about 9:30.. The calling contest starts at 10:00 am.. I hope to see someone from the fourm there.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby doane25 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:13 pm

i'm signed up for both the duck and goose calling comp. the problem that i have is that is when that dang early goose season is open. i might be going to kansas city to hunt honkers...it was just bad timing by the heartland staff
doane25
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:46 pm

Any idea what kind of deals they are gonna have. Can't stand to go to Cabelas on that weekend. Too many city guys that call themselves hunters walking around in them places.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:30 am

I have been by the place up there, but have never stopped. Is the store pretty nice? Do they have a website showing the events and times? I would like to go and see the calling contests, even though not going to sign up as we would have birds flying in from everywhere!:) Not really, as I am new to all of this hunting stuff, anyway just wasn't sure if it all was running all weekend or not? Would be great to get to meet all of the KS Hunting forum members!
Captain16
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:44 am

visit heartlandoutdoor.com
They've got a decent store going there. They've got al lthe decoys you could want. Calls and gear.. I personally like the store,.
I don't know what kind of deals there having hopefully some good ones cuse I need all the help I can get.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby big_countryks » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Gander Mountain opens up in September too I think...but I will definitely try to make it to Hutchinson on the 3rd. Will have some family up to hunt dove on a private pond near my house. Know any good bars in Hutch? Might as well get the most out of the trip.
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:23 pm

Talked to them today. Here are a few of the deals

10% off Layout blinds (Migrator, Finisher)

$180 for a Gooseview destroyer (they guy says this blind is the stuff, and I agree. Wish I wouldn't have already bought an Xlander

30% off Carrylite decoys (almost at cost for him. He is getting out of carrylites

10% off duck and goose calls (if you go check out a Mick Lacy single reed. Come in a regular container and they are molded acrylic. Should be around $20. I have one and love it)
No deals on steel shot though.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:35 pm

Did he say anything about the GHG stuff? I was looking at maybe a half doz FB's.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby doane25 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:32 pm

the grand opening is set for sept 9th for gander. it should be open though by the middle of next week...gonna be sweet.
doane25
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:26 am

Did anyone get to make it to the outdoor show this past weekend? I was just wondering how everything went?
Captain16
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:12 pm

Every thing went pretty sweet for me.. I placed 1st in there duck calling comp. They had some pretty good deals going on.
20 bucks for half doz carry lite usually like 30 some. Some othere things I didn't even look at. I didn't see anyone I knew there from the board, but I could have saw them I didn't know...

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fatweed » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:18 pm

cool malyard... good callin...*S*... couldnt go... did go to gander mtn in wichita for a bit monday just to check it out....
we got a few doves... 16 tween three of us...on sunday.. i shot ten for 15 shots..... thought that was purty cool...heheheh usin my dads old model 12..... good old gun...heheheh... what was excitin is saw three seperate bunches of teal... hope theyre around in twoo weeks.... :smile: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fatweed
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting