Duck Hunting Forum banner

Southern Minnesota Decoys

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  d wiz 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have been hunting ducks for a while now, and my hunting buddy just moved away with all of his equipment. Now its time for me to start building my own inventory. I hunt on a public lake so where I hunt can vary from open water with a reed line at my back to swampy reeds. Is there a good resource on the web for decoy spreads and tips for what decoys to get? I also need to camo my john boat. Does anyone know of any good websites or suggestions for making a boat blind?
I don't mean to brag but I live about a half mile from the Cabella's store in Owatonna so finding what i need isnt a problem, but I am a newlywed so I dont control my money anymore :toofunny:
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Good luck this year!

#2 ·
Need a bit more info first. What type of water do you normally hunt? Open water? The River? Smaller marshes? Secondly, how much competition do you have? I'm guessing you live near Mankato so I can venture that competition is pretty fierce. Drop me a pm and we can chit chat.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.