wetland vegetation

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

wetland vegetation

Postby goodfolks » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I’m working on a wetland project and I have a young photographer taking picture for me. There’s one she calls a (orange Duck) having trouble verifying. Need help describing the vegetation picture also. If there’s any one that thinks they could help I would appreciate it. You can look at the picture on my website at www.walterswetlandbank.com . The project is in the early stages.
Scott Steven Walters
goodfolks
hunter

Postby David » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 am

The duck in the pictures section labeled orange is a drake blue-winged teal. It would be easier if you posted the pictures here for identification. Which pictures of vegetation are you talking about, the ones labeled plants and grass?
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

wetland vegetation

Postby goodfolks » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks David Is the white behind the beak a signature mark. It must be a mature drake. Here a four picture. Looking for a brief description I can put under each picture.

Scott Steven Walters
goodfolks
hunter

Postby David » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 pm

The white crescent patch behind the bill is a characteristic on a drake blue-winged teal. Hens look very similar, but without the crescent patch.

As far as the grasses, I'm sorry, but I'm not certain what they are.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Vegetation

Postby keegan511 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Do you have any better pictures? I did my research on moist-soil plant species and can more then likely atleast get you headed in the right direction.
Take a man duck hunting and he will eat for a day; Teach a man how to duck hunt, HIS WIFE WILL HATE YOU.
keegan511
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology