Grounds Super Mag

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Grounds Super Mag

Postby birdshooter » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:51 pm

Got a chance to give a Grounds Pro Super Mag in the Burnt Hedge a test run at Game Fair today. I'll have tell you this could be my next call. I love the sound of that hedge, awesome...............

I take it the Pro Super Mag is predominately a Contest Call, but I could see this thing on my lanyard this fall.
birdshooter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:42 am

I may try one out too. I was at a contest yesterday and there was a guy blowin a super mag and it sounded awesome! Very goosy. I really like the sound of the wood super mags. Going back today and gonna try out a few at one of the dealer booths. I also like the looks of the wood/poly super mags. Anybody blown one of those?
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Gunney » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:52 am

birdshooter,

I happen to work for a retailer in MN that had a booth at game fair. Tims hedge pro supermag is new to the store, but we have carried the acrilics since he introduced them last year. You can use it in contests, but it was designed to give a little lower, mellower sound than the original super mag. Of the Ground Crew members, I believe ( and I could be wrong ),
Tim is the only one using a Pro Mag (Hedge) in contests. It is a great call that sounds awsome and runs well. I'm sure you will love it.

Good luck,
Gunney
Oh Crap! You pillow-cased that sumbitch!

Setting up meetings between Geese and God since 1992...
Gunney
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum