the big push

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: gotduck68415, k9horseluvr, Duck Runner

the big push

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 pm

saw a ton off geese in the sky today

going tomorrow morning good luck guys
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:49 pm

How'd today's hunt go?
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby iowaducks55 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:18 am

was in niobrara from thursday to sunday didnt hunt on sunday and shot 39 ducks 7 different species even some bufflehead that i'm mounting. the push is definately started and coming hard. i saw thousands and thousands of geese all weekend and a big push of mallards came thru on friday but disapeared for the weekend. anyone else up at niobrara?
iowaducks55
hunter

Postby honkerdowner » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Seemed to me alot of the birds(geese) were hi and just pushed on through on saturday. Hunted yesterday killed alot of ducks but no geese. Also shot a bufflehead that I am goin to mount iwoa 55 what mount are you thinking about..
Butt, Belly, Bill, BOOM!!!
honkerdowner
hunter

Postby brentbullets » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Don't no how big the push was, there are still 10s of thousands of mallards still north of Pierre SD all the way up into Canada and plenty of Canada geese also. Most of the birds that came through were from the middle part of SD. The area is void of many ducks south of the interstate and Sand lake area is still holding many birds. I believe the best is yet to come. When ND gets some snow and a good long freeze we will see plenty of birds. :thumbsup:
brentbullets
hunter

Postby redneckhunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Was out the last 4 days. Hunted the basins and saw a lot more geese than I did ducks. Most of the ducks were flying high with the wind and not thinking about stopping. Did have a group of about 20 mallards commit to the spread which was pretty sweet. Too bad I had a bad shell on the second shot. Dipped the barrel towards the water and bb's started falling out :mad:

This morning we had to break ice but ended up with 7 mallards and 12 snows. There is a lot of water in the basins.

Overall I thought this cold front would produce some more ducks but I suppose the best is yet to come!
redneckhunter
hunter

Postby bcarson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:16 pm

:help: Anyone heard about duck and/or goose #'s around Ericson Spaulding area? Heading out there for four days and want to shoot some greeners. Looks like some more good winds might come this weekend. Hopefully some will stop in Ne this time.
bcarson
Newb

Postby Duck Runner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Honker, I got a nice bufflehead this weekend too. Think I will have it mounted, but have no idea where to start with it. Still lots of early season ducks in the area it seems.
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby honkerdowner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:06 am

Runner have talk to chris?? He is doin mine and recommends to rap the head and feet with a wet paper towel than freeze it in two ziplock bags. About the only reason I decided to get it done is because I won the gift cert. for his shop. Chris does good work I have been down to his shop a few times. He has done to deer for my brother and my lil brothers albio coon he shot last year. By the way PM headed back at you :thumbsup:
Butt, Belly, Bill, BOOM!!!
honkerdowner
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting