field blind

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

field blind

Postby drake08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:25 pm

i just started hunting fields this year and got a new place to hunt i have 2 pit blind that i just put in and iam wanting to put a ground blind but dont no for sure on how to make any pics or info would be helpfull the field with have a bout 16 inchs of water in it i will need to be able to hunt 4 and a dog
drake08
hunter

Postby novacaine » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm having 6 built first thing monday morning. Will have picture by end of week. If you are going to build one -do not build one of those like you see for sale on the side of the road. The ones on tall skids, with at seat 2.5 feet above the platform with a 4' tall back and top on it. They stick out like a sore thumb and it is almost impossible to get a duck close unless you set it in a ditch. We hunt in shallow flooded fields and try to build the seat no more that 16 inches of the ground. You're gonna be in waders anyhow so you might as well be sitting in the water. Build the front and back panel no higher than your eyeball height while you are sitting in the seat. You can drape your grass up 6" higher to cover your head. In fields-the lower the better. I will send pic later.
You boys are gonna get the drizzles if you don't settle down"- Augustus McCray
novacaine
hunter

Return to Field Duck Hunting