Which type of cover for my boat blind

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Which type of cover for my boat blind

Postby hooper » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:56 am

I am buyin a boat blind tomorrow and have decided on the Cabelas norther flight blind. However, they come in different types of cover. The Marsh grass and the Prarie grass are about the same in price. I am thinking of going with the marsh grass since it looks more like the area we huntin. What do you think?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
hooper
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:36 pm

I'd agree hooper. Go with the marsh grass. I'm officially jealous too. I'm going to start building mine any day now for this season. Won't be anything fancy like that thing, but it will do on a poor college kids budget.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby duckman1106 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:46 am

I went with the same bliind. I'll finish putting it together tomorrow, then I'll post a pic if I can figure out how. I figured by the time I bought materials I'd be almost out the cost of the blind kit, not to mention the saved frustration trying to figure it out.
The Mallard Militia: We kill more ducks before 7:00 am than most people kill all day!!
duckman1106
hunter

Postby hooper » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:03 am

I am done putting my blind on as well, need to take a pic. I will have to put pictures of what my jon looked like before the paint job and before the blind, and what it looks like now. My only hurdle now is that the wife says she doesn't want it in the garage. :pissed:
hooper
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 am

I guess you'll have to inform her then that you'll be building a shed out back to keep it in. That will cost more $$$ which means less for her. I'm sure she'll let you keep it in the garage then. :mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:45 am

Or, remind her how much it costs per month to store it in a dry place. But just to be safe, a good tarp might be a good idea... :smile:
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting