Duck Hunting Forum banner

hey fun4jake

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  fun4jake 
#1 ·
do u ever hunt over at the umitilla refuge ?....boy i love that place , i would like to learn thr river oveer there, i hunted out by hat rock once but that was about ten years ago, family an job keep me so busy that i dont get to go scouting like i want to .........you got a hound to pal around with ?

#2 ·
Forget the Refuge. They charge $5 to hunt in assigned blinds. I have about 4 places on the river that outperform the refuges by a lot. If you ever want to hunt out there let me know. In fact I am going opening day over there to a great spot on an island that nearly no one hunts. I only seen 1 other hunting group there all last season.

#3 ·
Oops forgot to add that part. Yeah I got a black lab mix from the pound as a pup and he is awesome at retrieving. Never trained him for the finite stuff like whistles or marking or holding. Gun goes off and so does the dog but he wont miss a bird. His name is Jake if you havnt figured that out yet.

#4 ·
wow sounds like you asking me on a date...............hahaha , i would really like to hunt on the river. how big of a boat do you use ? ,and how far of a run is it from the ramp, i have a 14 ft broadbill, its way custom , , do you even hunt out of a boat or do ya set up blinds on the land , we do both down here on the lower river , my fave is hunting out of the boat , i spent a ton of hours building my boat and blind it looks really close to the t.d.b 's , i can hunt 3 guys and a dog and still be really comfortable , its like 56" wide so its really stabel shooting platform, the blind its self is camo cordua .............any way i dont have any concrete plans for the opener , my best bud is going to be deer hunting , if you could point me in the rite direction ...that would be cool...providing i get a hall pass tht weekend ..........jmike :salude:

#5 ·
This is the first year I have had a boat to use. Its nowhere close to being ready so I will probably use it for transportation only and there is plenty of brush to hide in. The ride to the island is very short and no current. Have to keep it to that so I dont give it away to wandering eyes. Forgot about deer season. I usually bow hunt but will be rifle hunting this year. If I tag out I will hunt Sunday and Monday. PM me for more scoop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.