Goose hunting!!

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Goose hunting!!

Postby HowIdo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 am

Anyone else heading out goose hunting this week? I have heard people did pretty good on Monday. I am heading out on public land tomorrow and private land Friday. I will make sure to post up the results. Good luck to everyone!! :thumbsup:
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:10 pm

what public?
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Went out tonite on the river and only got two geese between me and my partner. I thought we would have had more geese than we did. :thumbsdown:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby deerslayer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 am

Im going out tomorrow fri and sat morning, have a new lease this year and pretty excited about the area! Went monday morning by the refuge and had a pretty good hunt, two short of a four man limit. Birds were acting a little funny towrds the late morning and just wouldnt finish, but just about every goose hunter in the state was hunting so they were shot at pretty bad! Hoping tomorrow will turn out good!
deerslayer
hunter

Postby HowIdo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Went out Wednesday 26th to Bombay Hook and only managed 1 canada goose. There were a ton of Snow geese and the Canadas started flying late, probably around 8:00 a.m. and there weren't very many flying.

Friday the 28th I went out on private land in Milford across from Prime Hook and was blanked. Again there were a ton of Snows and not many Canadas. We had over 100 canada decoys out this day and had plenty of geese take a look, but couldnt get any to finish. We watched a steady stream of snows flying over for about 45 min to 1 hr, I cant wait to put a hurting on them.

One good thing from Friday is the guy I was hunting with had a lot of the GHG lesser FBs and they are simply awesome. They look great and take almost no wind to get them moving, I have decided I am selling a lot of my decoys and sticking with RG silos and GHG lessers.
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting