Jeep Wrangler

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Jeep Wrangler

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:54 am

Anybody own a Jeep Wrangler? I've been looking for one, Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited, either one - dealers are a bit unwilling to deal, I notice.

Good for hunting? Reliable (not too many problems)?
:help:

Macdaddy
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:52 pm

i have a 98 wrangler and love it, its a great hunting vehicle in my opinion, mine has been very good to be not any mojor problems, and im a 19 year old farm boy, so it does not get easy treatment...great vehicle in my opinion
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:33 pm

ive got a y2k wrangler. its a 4cyl 5spd. good on gas, good low end torque, but dont plan on passing anybody lol. i love mine and would not have it anyother way! :thumbsup: what kind of budget do you have? the unlimited is good for extra room. that is one thing a regular wrangler needs; trunk space.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:35 pm

How sold are you on a Wrangler. A Cherokee or Grand Cherokee is a great option if you are looking for something with a little more room that is extremely capable. The drivelines on any of them are pretty much bullet proof. I would look for a 4.0 rather than a 4 cyl if you have any intentions of adding a lift or bigger tires down the road.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Veritas » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:12 am

+1 on the cherokee

If you want a hunting rig they are the way to go. Wranglers have almost NO room for guns and gear. Cherokees have an excellent 4wd system and as long as you get the 4.0 you will have plenty of power and decent gas milage. I wouldn't buy a wrangler unless its a dedicated trail rig or you have nothing to haul.
Veritas
hunter

Postby mtguy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 am

I hunt in Montana with my Wrangler (unlimited). You will need a trailer to haul dead elk. Or at least a hitch hauler. If you get a hitch hauler have a local welder make one that sits up higher than the stock ones...
mtguy
hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:53 am

yeah i would get the unlimited. more cargo room.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby NCquakhead » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Nice LJ Mtguy. I have an 01 Wrangler TJ. This is by far the best Jeep I have EVER owned. If you like to wheel you can't get anything better. I've owned cherokee's and I can't even rate them in the same class as a Wrangler. Yes they are a little more out of pocket, but in the end you will. Love it. Go to jvillejeepers.com. You can get all the info you need. We are one of the largest all Jeep clubs on the coast of NC. Hope this will help you make your mind up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
NCquakhead
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 pm

NCquakhead wrote:Nice LJ Mtguy. I have an 01 Wrangler TJ. This is by far the best Jeep I have EVER owned. If you like to wheel you can't get anything better. I've owned cherokee's and I can't even rate them in the same class as a Wrangler. Yes they are a little more out of pocket, but in the end you will. Love it. Go to jvillejeepers.com. You can get all the info you need. We are one of the largest all Jeep clubs on the coast of NC. Hope this will help you make your mind up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IDK how I feel about that, but I have a difficult time dogging any other Jeep.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am

hey aj
i found you on jeepforum.com :thumbsup:

wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm a Jeeper too. I had a 1993 Jeep Wrangler. I sold it with 318,000 miles on it. It sold for $2,100.00 I came very close to crying tears that day. I loved that vehicle, it ran great for me, the body was in amazing shape. I used to leave the top off it from The end of April 'till October regardless of the weather. By far my greatest vehicle ever. I'll have another one someday.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby bluelund79 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Own an 81 CJ7 and a 94 YJ, dad has the 00 TJ. All are great vehicles, and the one thing they will teach is how to pack for a trip. In my CJ I used to fit 2 large labs, 2 grown adults, camping gear for 1 weekend, and 2 long guns. They are more than capable, and the hitch haul is a great thing too! You won't go wrong with any Jeep-but I heavily favor the "original" jeeps. Keep the headlights round! J//K Good luck in your search, Eric
bluelund79
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum