stands with room

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

stands with room

Postby MossyGO! » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:06 am

I got a climber a couple years back from sportsmansguide, just started practicing this year with it. Took it out today for the first time hunting. Anyway, went up the tree, retrieved my bow and back pack, realized there isn't room for the back pack(don't know why I didn't think about that to begin with), lowered it, realized again my release was in the pack. Went back down, got it, went back up, sat down and about crapped my pants when the three seat straps on the right side broke off the seat fabric. Needless to say I called it a day.
Question is, how do you guys keep your things up in the stand? I'm thinking about buying a ladder stand(maybe a 2 man) so I have plenty of room. I hunt private land so keeping a stand up all year wouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions on a cheap roomy stand?
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ducks4Coach » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:44 am

I put a couple of the screw in steps above the stand so I can hang my pack and bow. I haven't had any porblems with the size of my stands. Can't help ya there.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby buffleheadnc2 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:17 pm

I prefer ladder stands and then you can put screw in steps to hold your stuff. I have about 12 perm. stand sites that I can move or adjust as needed if they do not produce. You will find ladders are alot more enjoyable to hunt from.
buffleheadnc2
Forum Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Screw in steps work great. I have a climber and I scout some trees before season starts. I use the screw in steps on those trees, but I keep a couple of them in my bag in case I need to adapt, they are cheap.

I also have some a plastic buckle on my backpacks strap, so i can strap it to the side of my climber, but I prefer to hang it.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I hang my bow on a screw in bow hanger. As far as my bag, I have one of these...

Took out the hydration pack and you can attach your quiver on the pack.
It has a clip on the front that lets the strap hook around the tree and it sits upright right on the tree next to you.
The only downside is when your using a climber it cant go on your back. Mine has a shoulder strap to though. :yes:
You want something made right you got to rig it yourself.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Return to Archery