Duck Hunting Forum banner

New Goose Short Barrel.......HOW DO I USE IT!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  QuackWacker08 
#1 ·
I just picked up the new Quakhead GOOZILLA Short Barrel and I'm Having trouble. I can blow a goose flute just fine but GOOZILLA is giving me problems. Is there any key words I can use when calling?

#2 ·
well its not a short barrel its a short reed and its much different then using a flute. using a short reed all starts out with the moan or eeerrrr which you will learn to make which then will rollover into your clucks and different vocab you can make with your call. the reed on that call is pretty soft and it doesn't take much back pressure to make the call break so don't put to much air behind it. and i cant stress enough for new callers to buy a short reed calling video such a tim grounds or fred zinks and there many other good ones out there and the only thing that will help after that is practice practice practice.......

#3 ·
thanks quakerkiller, I have a ton of goose and duck hunting videos that every once and a while go into detail on how to blow calls. I'll be heading over to bass pro shops again to pick up a video. I thought that just because I could blow duck calls and a goose flute that I would pick up the short reed easily. I don't think this call will be on the lanyard come Sept. 1st but thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.