Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Postby Macklin96 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:04 am

Hey guys, I just stumbled on to this site and it looks pretty good so i joined up. Figured i would drop in and introduce myself. Started waterfowl hunting last year and have become addicted. Me and my friends go once or twice a week. We hunt assawoman mostly but we also hunt delaware seashore and milford neck. Like i said i am relativly new so any good info on spots to go would be great. i stay out of prime hook as i do not have a mud motor.
Macklin96
hunter

Postby JohnM » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:04 pm

:welcome: You will enjoy the site, the guys are great and you will get a lot of great info on this site.
Local 313, NAHC LM, DU,NRA

Trying To Teach An Old Dog Some New Tricks
JohnM
hunter

Postby xtrema007 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:23 am

I hunt with macklin.. I am also new to duck hunting and this site wanted to say hi to everyone
xtrema007
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:45 pm

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Welcome to the Delaware forum fellas and I hope you enjoy it! There are a lot of good folks on this site that are very helpful so don't be shy! :oops: Ask for any advice and I am almost positive someone here will lead you in the right direction! :thumbsup: As far as Prime Hook goes....have you ever hunted there? I used to have several boats, one with a 15HP, and one with a 25 HP and I hunted there alot. Granted there is'nt alot of water and yes I did use a push pole quite frequently but it is not that bad. I don't know what size motor you run but the refuge is limited to a 30HP motor. Good Gunning to ya and WELCOME to the site!
Daffy D.
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby HowIdo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Great to see more people from Delaware joining the site!!! :welcome:
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby xtrema007 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 pm

I personally haven't hunted prime hook yet and I don't think Macklin has either.. the boat we are using is a 16 foot mod V with a 30hp johnson as shallow as it is out there i know we won't be going in his boat... we mostly go to assawomen or rehobeth bay.. I really want to find a good afternoon spot to hunt because I work night shift so I can mostly hunt in the afternoon
xtrema007
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting