Socks I'm using now

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: LadyK, Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora

Socks I'm using now

Postby duckgirl123 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 am

Wanted to share that I'm using only the fleece wader socks lately, from Cabelas.

Have tried every trick in the book, but these wader socks seem to be the ticket, I even asked Santa for a 2nd pair.

Wore them out in a chisel plowed field in the snow, sweating all the way carrying the gear, and I never got the frozen blocks I usually do, and was even able to walk in and out of field carrying decoys and gear 2x. I had on only the wader socks and my Sorels.

I recently wore them with my stocking foot neoprene waders, same thing, and last night wore them to a parade, standing on cold cement with my sorels, no cold feet.

Just thought I would share.
If it flies, it could die!
duckgirl123
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:14 am

I'll have to keep those in mind. I use a pair a of heavyweight polypro liner socks with a thick pair of wool socks with it. And then I normally drop toe or foot warmers into my boots and I usually stay pretty toasty.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum