Good luck bret

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Good luck bret

Postby green head2 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:46 pm

I know he has already left to go and make his mark in the duck calling world But if you happen to find a computer bret while in KY Well good luck and hope your at least having fun And if those southern boys give you a hard time just remind them Who won the war That usually gets them fired up Make sure to let us know how you did Oh and a bit of advice Dont eat a P&J sandwich before you blow your call Anything else I could add you would already know Good luck
green head2
hunter

Postby Bret » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Well I am back and what a time. The tradition of duck calling in that part of the world is hard to believe without seeing for a Utahns like myself. I got my tail kicked but learned a ton about the details of a contest winning routine I will be much tougher next time. They were all extremely nice and very suportive of us new comers from out west. I was even interveiwed for the local paper. If you want to see the artical go to the Kansas City Star then search cabelas grand slam and it will be there for you I think you might have to register But it was a great honor to be treated like that. It is cool to see my name in the paper too a first for me.

My first trip to the stage was great until I blew my first note then my knees started shaking and I wondered if I would be standing at the end let alone finish my routine. I could hear the change jingling in my pocket it was so bad. I made it through it alright, but it was not my best and I was cut in the first round. Like I said a learning experience for sure. I also met a legendary call maker and bought one of his calls. I wrote a little about that whole deal in the duck calling forum. I rubbed elbows with a good portion of the best callers in America, and it was awesome to be there.

Thank you for asking oh...and by the way a good call just sounds better with a little bit of sandwich stuck in there.
:toofunny:
Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby green head2 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:15 pm

Well Im glad you had a good time And at least you learned a few things :thumbsup: On your next go youll do alot better To bad they dont give Rerides in duck calling contest huh But once you have rubbed elbows with the big boys it aint nothin but a thang Right Mabey next time Instead of telling you a story Ill make you a sandwich huh :toofunny: :cool:
green head2
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting