Language and personal bashings in posts

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Language and personal bashings in posts

Postby AAR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:47 pm

It seems as though there is an ever-increasing occurrence of inappropriate language and unnecessary comments in this forum. There is no need for a great deal of things posted in response to others for the public to all see. Just typing in curse words and letting the censor modify it with a * is still very much implied in the context of the sentence(s). Like clockwork, each negative out of the blue comment leads to another and then to another.

Here is an example of the guidelines set by the administration for this site sent to me:

we have a PG-13 rule here for language, etc.. F words or acronyms there of are off limits, as that really gets the owners ire big time, so not allowed.

I am attempting to hopefully remedy possible future implications before they even need to be an issue. If any members on the Texas forum feel that any of this is unfair or not just, please feel free to contact Bubba (Admin2) to voice any concerns that I, or any of the other Texas forum moderators cannot help with.

Eric
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby CCducker » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:49 am

Good post Eric, it needed reitterating. I have tip-toed the line myself it can be hard to not defend yourself in certain situations. :thumbsup:
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby greenhead cutter » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:50 pm

CCducker wrote:Good post Eric, it needed reitterating. I have tip-toed the line myself it can be hard to not defend yourself in certain situations. :thumbsup:

Ill second that, I myself have also tip toed that line and hope that I have not offended anyone in the process of doing so. Great post, it needed to be said.
Shoot to wound!

oh crap... is that a swan?
greenhead cutter
hunter

Postby heatdabeat » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:32 pm

I couldn't agree more. We don't need people coming to look at the TX forum and thinking we're just a bunch of inconsiderate yahoos! That's a little something called southern hospitality.

Best state on the planet!!
you bring the shells??
heatdabeat
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting