Arkansas Duck Hunt

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Arkansas Duck Hunt

Postby jesters78 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:54 am

I am looking at taking a little trip down to the arkansas area for some duck hunting this year. Has anyone been down that way before that may have a suggestion or two on where or who might be a good guide to go to. I am going to try the Stuggart area, unless anyone has any ideas. Or if anyone might wanna tag along?
jesters78
Newb

Postby Pete-pec » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Never been there, therefore, have no clue! Sorry.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jesters78 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:36 pm

Thats kind of where I am at right now, all kinds of guide services to choose from and so forth, just a little worried I am gonna pick a poor one.
jesters78
Newb

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:56 am

Ask for referrals, and you can get a feel for what you can expect. I go through a guide at least once a year, and always ask for referrals. When they give me a list, I'll ask them if they have any dissatisfied clients, and why they were unhappy with the hunt. If the reason is because they didn't shoot their limit, that can, and will be expected. That's hunting! My partner and I know our spots all too well, and can never claim to shoot our limits every time, nor can we say we don't get skunked on an occasion. Again that's hunting. I want a nice clean place to stay, a hard working dog or guide (retriever), and a guide willing to put up with alot of naive (stupid) questions about the area we're hunting. I like to go meet new people and find out how diverse this sport of ours actually is. Going with a guided hunt is still a whole lot cheaper than most vacations, and it beats hauling all your gear around the country and hunting blindly on public grounds. Hope you find a good hunt. Personally I'd rather go hunting where you have a chance to shoot other types of species other than the predominately common Mallard (that you find in Arkansas), which as you know, happens to be our most common bird. Now if your interested in an awesome sea duck hunt (a little pricey), shoot me a PM and I'll give you the info on a hunt of a lifetime. I can be your first referral! Great guide, lots of birds, and nothing like you've ever done! Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting