New to Northern KY...HELP!!!

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

New to Northern KY...HELP!!!

Postby laxeagles44 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:06 pm

Hey everyone-
I'm new to the Louisville area from Wisconsin. This will be my first season in KY and I'm lost as to where to begin looking for places to hunt. I do not have a boat down here so I'm a little limited and would appreciate any advice you all could give me. I'd like to begin to scout different area the next couple weekends.
Thanks...this site great by the way!

Kevin
laxeagles44
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:02 am

Welcome to Louisville and DHC, Kevin. I'm afraid that the duck hunting here in Lou. is not what it once was. There are alot of conditions that have to be met in order to have a successful hunt. I have found that private land-owners with ponds that hold ducks and public hunting areas such as the sloughs in Henderson work well. Historically you have to have good timing. Meaning that you need to know when the ducks are passing through. We are not exactally on a flyway. A good place to start is here......http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/
Meet as many hunters as you can, some may even point you in the right direction. With a ton of footwork and some help from strangers you could expect to take between 20 and 120 ducks per year around here. But again, it takes alot of work. Local DU chapters have drawings for blinds every year as well.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting