Duck Hunting Forum banner

P.S. Olt D2 Round Hole

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  duckkiller7 
#1 ·
I recently found my childhood duck call from the late 70's. It is an Olt D2 Regular Duck Call. She was a dandy. I have been reading on other website about some details and thought I would come to the experts.

What is the difference between a PS Olt D2 Regular with a round mouth hole and a D2 with a 'keyhole' mouth hole?

This call is worth a lot to me, but does it have any other value?

Thanks,

Pinnertail

#2 ·
i have been using the D-2 Olt calls since the 60's. i have used the cutdown keyhole D-2, the regular keyhole D-2, and the round hole D-2. there is a VERY small difference in the sound of the three calls. They are all very ducky sounding calls...incredible for soft calling and feeder chuckle. the cutdown keyhole is a little more raspy and mine did not have the volume capability of the other two. regarding value, the olt company is no longer in business but there are so many for sale on ebay (alot of them still new in the package) that somebody must still be producing them. the keyhole D-2 calls sell for $25-$45 on ebay(dependinbg on condition)...more if they are new in the box. i sold my keyhole call and my cutdown version keyhole on ebay last year. i use my regular round hole D-2 every time out. i don't recall what i got for my 2 calls, but they were well used. the Olt D-2 was produced for over 60 years, making it the largest selling call in the history of duck calls. i am a hunter, not a collector, so i only keep the stuff that seems to work in the field for me. there may be some collectors that have more info. the ebay handle for jim olt (former president) is oltdaddy. also, former olt employee, dave jackson, has started a company in illinois making a few clones of the olt calls..i think the company is called DJ's Illinois River Calls (not sure of the company name though).

#4 ·
Awsome call....blow the dust out of her and take it huntin :yes: :yes: :yes: Olt made a whistle call thats hard ta find, but, A real dandy as well, think its a "W-" something...would make an awsome combo :cool: :cool: :cool:

#5 ·
Have tried a bucket load of calls over the years but the round hole D-2 has been my favorite since the late '60s. Carry a cutdown and roundhole always and still have a once tested (perfect) roundhole in the box.

#6 ·
I am a big fan of Olt calls too. I looked up on ebay "oltdaddy" It is actually Jim Olts son Jim Olt Jr. He just sold some D-2's on ebay last month, and said he would be putting some more on in the next week or two. I asked him about the whistle some body was talking about, and he said it was the W-12 Pintail, or the WD-13 Woodduck calls. Both calls he said are excatly the same. I got one coming autographed by both of them coming on the way now!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.