Currituck

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Currituck

Postby KAhunter » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:26 am

Hello North Carolina waterfowlers,
I just wanted to see who else hunts in the currituck area... I am a member of a small gun club in chruches island, right off the intercoastal waterway. we mainly hunt the coinjock sound, with 5 blinds on that side, and own one more blind on the currituck sound between churches isaldn and the outer banks... just wanted to see who else hunts around there... also, having hunted the early teal season the last few years and havent seen a whole lot, other than woodies... anyone had any good early teal hunts in that area and what is the outlook for this year..
wendall

:salude:
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:30 pm

I haven't hunted Currituck, but have always wanted to. I am planning on trying to get a couple permits for Dec/Jan. I have a couple questions and any help is appreciated:

1. Anyone hunt Spot blind in Jan? Good diver area? What kind of area?
2. Anyone hunt the upper marsh area, blinds Oyster Cove or Wishes Hammock.

I have heard the water can be rough, between the tide and wind. I have hunted Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay for years and am familiar with the dangers of a strong wind in a shallow body of water.

PM me or email if you have any tips or suggestions.
staightShooter
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:06 am

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinking of hunting Currituck, and Spot blind looks like an easier access for the first trip. I may put in for some others as well, and try that. I'm familiar w/ rough shallow waters and wouldn't go if it were too rough, but I do have a gps on my boat and wouldn't mind trying these draw hunts.

Anyone have any advice?
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting