what do you keep under your mattress......besides the toys

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

Re: what do you keep under your mattress......besides the toys

Postby Poboy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Springfield XD 40 on the night stand and mossberg 500 16" barrel w/extended mag and pistol grip next to it.
Poboy
hunter

Re: what do you keep under your mattress......besides the to

Postby Duckslayer76 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:58 am

Lets see... Being that my roommate is a LEO who works some vice stuff home defense is a big deal...mossy 500 on hooks under the bed frame (scared the crap out of the gf first time she saw it cleaning the house)with slugs and buckshot. FNP 45 in the bio box on the night stand 14+1 mags stashed throughout the house and a stream light stinger. And a lab at the foot of the bed who has built up anger issues (he won't do a damn thing but bark but when he sounds off I'm gonna see what it's about real quick)
Duckslayer76
hunter

Re:

Postby ajmorell » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:13 pm

ajmorell wrote:Ruger GP100 loaded with Federal Premium 158gr Hydrashocks. I'm thinking about switching to .38 +P due to muzzle flash issues and the fact that it's easier to stay on target with them......however, if you got hit with one of the 158 gr Hydrashocks you wouldn't be going anywhere...these are the types of rounds that limbs get amputated from.

Welp, the GP100 got stolen a week ago (from my locked house, along with my wife's jewelry box, our computers and ipod) :mad:

Think I'm going to replace it with a Springfield EMP
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: what do you keep under your mattress......besides the to

Postby c f wingshooter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:28 pm

aj that sucks, hate to hear about you getting ripped off hope the person is caught. I keep an old Marlin ready for home defense, a model 9 with xs ghost ring sights and pistol grip stock. Easy to control low recoil and low flash and 30 rounds of 9mm. Can hold with one hand while opening a door or holding a light. Takes S&W double stack pistol mags too. Although a 30 round mag looks kinda funny hanging out the bottom of the pistol. I like the flashlight on a lanyard idea, will make one today.
c f wingshooter
hunter

Previous

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum