fox hunting tips need help

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

fox hunting tips need help

Postby Ducknastymigrators » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 pm

ok i have a spot for fox in pennsylvania there is five of them big bastards what kind of call should i use can i bait them i have a semi 12 gauge with full choke and 3 1/2 shells i need them close any suggestions i really want to shoot one.

duck nasty
Ducknastymigrators
hunter

Postby Racks N Quacks » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Wounded rabbit mouth call and a mouse squeaker. 3M double tape the squeaker to the forestock of your gun so you don't have to move to work it. If your shotgunning them you'll need them close so movement needs to be kept minimum. Ghillie suit is a tremendous advantage too. Watch your back. Them SOB love to follow the wind and circle around you first like a yote.
Dawgs,Ducks, Deer: It don't get no better than this!!!
Racks N Quacks
hunter

Postby seabee67 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Ditto the above post, I have my best luck hunting field corners. I sometimes use a rabbit hide and a crow decoy for a visual attractant and to keep their attention off me. Good luck!
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good
seabee67
hunter

Postby Ducknastymigrators » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:55 am

ok cool thanks for the info i def needed it i will try them out let you know how i do ill post some pics if i get lucky thanks again

duck nasty
Ducknastymigrators
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum