Woodbury WMA

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Woodbury WMA

Postby corndog01 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Anyone ever duck hunted at Woodburry WMA in Marion county. I been there hog hunting before and seen some ducks. I was thinking about going down there and trying to shoot a few.
"Quackhead for life"
Veg-a-tarian: old indian word for bad hunter
corndog01
hunter

Postby canvas slayer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

back in the day i was a member (when it was woodbury hunt club) and we used to slay them
canvas slayer
hunter

Postby corndog01 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 am

Ive heard of people killing monster deer over there.
"Quackhead for life"
Veg-a-tarian: old indian word for bad hunter
corndog01
hunter

Re: Woodbury WMA

Postby Sjl843 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 am

So what's the update on Woodbury? I've been told its hog heaven but what other wildlife can I find? Mainly interested in turkey or waterfowl. New to the area and don't have any private land wanna figure what I may have luck with and what I may be wasting time with. Not trying to ask for secrets just a step in the right direction

Thanks yall
Sjl843
Newb

Re: Woodbury WMA

Postby C-Hawk19 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:18 pm

There are tons of turkeys at woodbury. I have done pretty good on ducks there but this year the birds are lacking in the lowstate from what some of my friends have told me so I haven't made the drive. Oh yeah there are lots of hogs there also.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Woodbury WMA

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 am

Hogs and turkeys mainly. Duck hunting blows, I wouldn't bother. A pro tip on all wma's go way back and you'll be good. My buddy and his daddy was members when it was a club, some of the deer they've killed put there is unreal.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting