Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:29 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:40 pm

I cant wait, it needs to get here NOW!!!!
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:27 am

Wish I had a place to goose hunt. :thumbsdown:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:29 pm

I dont think they have started moving in yet. So I think I am going to end up setting up in the morning and hunting a couple hours and once im tired of looking at an empty sky, the the rest of the day I'll end up putting some finishing touches on my duck blind. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll end up shooting a turkey!

GSP
If you’re looking for a place to goose hunt, you can come to my place if you want. Although I would not recommend coming up during the early season, you most likely would not get anything. However, about Thanksgiving to the end of the late season our goose hunting is amazing.

So, I think we should get together sometime and do a hunt. I know some of the guys from school here (you've probably met them, they were all at the golf tournament) want to go sometime and I'm thinking Early-Mid January, because that is when it’s the best. But once it starts getting good, I'll let you know and well have to get together sometime.
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:26 pm

Don't know about you guys up north, but I saw small flights, 20-30, moving south while Teal hunting. At Shawnee Trails CA, 5 mornings and saw flights every morning moving. Some may have been resident geese, but who knows.
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:04 pm

That is awesome.

You boys have a good time and keep it safe :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:31 pm

KC, that would be awesome! I'm sure I could work something out to pay you back for it.

I'd like to come out there to CMSU one weekend after the season. Everybody I met seemed so cool, and hell watching Lutiant (sp?) drink is a sight to see in itself!

I don't know if you remember Courtney (Keith's girlfriend) but she backed out of going out there the day before she was supposed to leave.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:59 pm

Ya you should come out here sometime and belive me Lucian hasen't slowed down yet. We got plenty of room for you to stay and anybody else.
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby cride1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:35 pm

I also went to CMSU, great party town. I assume Pine Street is still the place to be? I never got an oppertunity to do any goose hunting, but I know I used to see a ton of geese towards the end of the year. What year are you in school? What is you major? I got my degree in CJ with a minor in Science. I was wanting to become a conservation agent, but got married before I was out of school and couldn't make the 6 moth and relocation commitment. Never know, I may give it a try sometime in the future.

Later,
Cride1
cride1
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:59 pm

I saw a flight of at least 75-100 can's yesterday north of Nevada and south of Rich Hill along 71 HWY.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:15 pm

Cride1
Pine Street is still the place to be, my friends and I get down there fairly often. I'm an Automotive and Power Technology Major right now and I'm thinking about picking up an associates degree in drafting or engineering. This would be my second year here and loving it. I have not gone goose hunting yet down here but I think I might try out Hazel Hill Lake maybe some weekend or better yet before class someday, but ya I do see alot of them flying towards end of season down here. So you were a CJ major huh? Its cool but it seems like everyone I know is a CJ major down here, but I understand since I came here for the same reason for my major. I think were have the #6? CJ program in the country. And CMSU is one of 11 colleges in the U.S. with a 4-year Automotive B.S. degree. Oh, did you ever do any deer or turkey hunting down here? Cause I'm looking for a good place to bow hunt some deer and turkeys down here.
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting