two parts to this question..

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

two parts to this question..

Postby clu__82 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm

1) for those of you who have shot or have experience with both ...which one ....Diamond Black Ice or Diamond Ice Man ....I currently have a Diamond Rock and Love it ...but am wanting to add another bow to my repretoire ...(oh and I might add I have a $2500 budget if I want it)

2) What bow....and what accessories would you put on it ....with a $2500 budget...realistically ....probably going to spend about $1500 on a bow set-up ...
Clu__82

Hunt 'Em Up and Shoot 'Em Down
clu__82
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 am

I'd take the Black Ice personally. We fianally got an Iceman into work the other day and I got to shoot it. It did get 277 fps all setup at 60 lbs which is cooking. On the other hand it has an aggressive came to get there so the pull is hard but smooth. After the shot there was a surprising amount of vibration. Not hand shock, but more of a twang that rings for a little bit. It's a slick shooting bow though and it's the best bow I've shot without a sight. If you want a smoother, easier to draw bow, then I say Black Ice.

As for stuff to put on it. I like the limbsaver S-coil stabilizers. They get the job done fine and don't cost an arm and a leg. For front sights I like the Tru Glo Tooless series. I like not having to use an allen wrench to move the gang adjustments. For a peep I like the G5 meta peep, no more speed robbing rubber tubing. Finally for the rest, I don't skimp here. The rest of the stuff was cheap, but I spend some money on my rest and I recommend an Octane Hostage Pro. The regular hostage has had a bunch of problems with stripping and mis-sizing since it's made of plastic. The Pro is all aluminum. The big deal with it is a full capture rest but unlike the whisker biscuit it doesn't tear up your fletchings, there are gaps for them to go through.

I reckon that wraps it up for me. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ghilliehunter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Oh boy with 2500 I'd start with a mathews monster. Smoother than the reezen with an extra 20 fps

sight: Tru-ball micro everything

Rest: Limbdriver with a limbdrven to the max kit. ( qud if you want full containment)

Stabilizer: fuse sidekick to ballance the weight of the sight and quiver

Quiver: octane magnetic one of an alpine soft lock

Arrows: Carbon tech Whitetails or rhinos White wraps with pink and chartruse blazer vanes

Broadheads: G5 Stryker razor sharp and accurate

:thumbsup:
RIP slayer, only the good die young
ghilliehunter
hunter

Postby Ross Bradley » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Mathews is what I shoot, but I hear the new Hoyt is amazing.
Ross Bradley
hunter

Postby Waterfowlhammer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:37 am

With that much to spend I would go with a mathews. I personally shoot the DXT and I love that thing. All set up and you would be paying around $1500 give or take a little.
Waterfowlhammer
hunter

Re: two parts to this question..

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 am

clu__82 wrote:...(oh and I might add I have a $2500 budget if I want it) ...

I must state, WOW! :eek:

Is this just for hunting deer? Or for competition? I have shot old compounds, traditional recurves and even my own hand made bows and arrows. They all went through the rib cage and put the arrow head in the dirt or out the far side of the chest. How much more energy do you need?

Is this about killing deer, being better at shoots or just having too much money? :wink:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Archery