wild pheasant and duck hunting outfitter

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

wild pheasant and duck hunting outfitter

Postby hudson river drake » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:15 pm

i am looking into coming to north or south dakota for a pheasant and duck combo hunt. I would be intersted in any outfitters that people knew of who would be able to do this. I have my own dogs who are trained for both so guide's dogs arent needed. thanks for the info in advance
hudson river drake
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Well if you're going to hunt SD, you're going to need to put in for the OOS tag draw. In SD if you are a nonres you have to put in for a draw for a tag. You should wait until about May to really decided on what state you want to hunt. ND has been hit real hard this year by snow, so there pheasant population could be hurting.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

And any guide you go with will let you bring your dogs but will also use theres. Dont know how many times i have been told this dog is the grand puba blabla and maybe they are good at what ever but hunting wild pheasants is a whole nother ball game. Most dogs are just not used to the amount of scent that they have to deal with out here. went coyote hunting today and saw about 1000 pheasants in one area. But if you want i guide for pheasants pm me. Thats only if you like seeing the sky turn black with chinese chickens. December is the best pheasant hunting
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting