goose decoys

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

goose decoys

Postby texan68 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi guys,
I've been doing a little scouting around my hunting area, and noticed a few geese. So i'm going to add a half doz. canadas to my spread, but don't know what to buy. If possible I want a fairly inexpensive, lite weight set. What do you guys think? Also, what do you guys think of the suc bottom instead of a standard weighted keel?
texan68
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:28 pm

i would say that the bigfoots would be your best bet or maybe some g&h stay away from the green head gear. you buy cheap deks they give you cheap back by falling apart.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby QUACKHEAD » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:25 pm

If you want a very universial decoy go w/flambeu they have goose dekes you can use on land and water w/heads that can be feeders or looking. For the money they are great. :thumbsup:
A bad day in the feild beats a good day at work, ANY TIME!
QUACKHEAD
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ND_Duckslayer » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:55 pm

If you're only buying a half dozen put some money into them and buy dekes with flocked heads. They are a lot more realistic, that's for sure. Also, just from experience, make sure you get some with quality heads in general. I bought some a few years back with detachable heads...good idea i thought at the time, but they were porely constructed and the heads had a tendancy to fall off in the bag all the time...very frustrating putting on heads in the pitch black!

Just my $0.02 :thumbsup:
"If it flies, it dies...and if it just sits there and doesn't move, IT STILL DIES!!!"
-Phil Robertson, a.k.a. the Duck Commander
ND_Duckslayer
hunter

would say that the bigfoots would be your best bet or maybe

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:21 pm

Couldn't have said it better quackerkiller :thumbsup:
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum