Crockpot Recipes?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Crockpot Recipes?

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:30 pm

We can't have anything but a little crockpot in our dorm room. Anybody have a recipe I can try?
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 pm

soak em in milk overnight...throw away the milk...then add some broth...the cubes will work...and some cream of mushroom soup.... my son cookes em that way......
Fatweed
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:51 pm

Add an envelope of Onion Soup and a stick of real butter...BOOOYA! :eek:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:55 am

you can't go wrong with a crock pot! Last year after breasting out the snow geese, I stuck the legs and wings in milk, took them out before going to bed and stuck them in the crockpot over night in plain water. Before I left for work, the meat fell off the bone and I add beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, water chestnuts, olives, and anything else I could find in the pantry. It was GREAT! for dinner that night.

I've also cubed up meat, set it in water over night, and then added my favorite spices to make chili for dinner that night. Hang in there and keep tweaking things. I think you will enjoy the crockpot cooking. Good luck :salude:

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:01 am

Man you gotto love dorm living.. Try soaking the breast in salt water over night, take out and pat dry with towl, cut a couple small slits and place cloves of fresh garlic in the slits of each breast. Season with some pepper and johnnys. Cut up some yellow potatoes and carrots and onions and put a packet of beef gravy in there and fill with water. Its pretty dang good!
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:07 am

now that sounds good :tounge:
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby magnumduckdog » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Go and get your favorite barbicue suace from the store. slice some whole potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, whatever you like. put the duck breasts in the barbicue sauce and let it cook all day. the meat shreads and its great. dont forget to soak the breasts in saltwater for a night. use the whole bottle of sauce. :thumbsup:
magnumduckdog
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking