Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

lets see some Bass

Postby mattm25tx » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Postby Stool Hunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Wow nice fish its to bad u had to kill it and the 50,000 thousand babys in it.Killing bass is a shame most peeps dont like to see that .Notice how there arent a lot of post or .replies We all know u killed the fish butt hey keep it up bro thats just sweel for the bass population where u caught it from HA HA HA :fingerhead:
The ducks u take while hunting will only last a while,the memories u make while hunting will last a lifetime and possibly more. Hunt for the memories!
Stool Hunter
hunter

Postby Stool Hunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Should have said lets ee some bass that got murdered :lol:
The ducks u take while hunting will only last a while,the memories u make while hunting will last a lifetime and possibly more. Hunt for the memories!
Stool Hunter
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:52 am

:mad: Why do assume it was killed. It was released. I never keep bass always catch and release only with bass. The private lake where it was caught was is release only. I catch a toad like that almost every trip out there.

Oh yea there shouldnt ahve been any eggs in that one it was caught mid last summer fishing the lilly pads with a frog. If I catch a fish that is full of eggs no matter the species it gets released so those eggs can be hatched

Even if my plans were to get it mounted I would have taken measurments and a ton of pics and got a replica made.

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby dog walker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:00 am

Whats the matter stool you never heard of catch and release in hot grease.
dog walker
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 am

Man, you guys are as bad as PETA. I wasn't aware that eating bass was murder.

Maybe you would want to put that hoss back, but you eventually need to catch bass out of ponds or the big ones will starve and all you have are little bass. Once you have a pond of little bass, its hard to get your population to turn around. Why not go and pick up a pond management book.

BTW, even if he did decide to eat it, bass fry up pretty well.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:56 am

this 300 acre lake is very well mannaged they wont even let you fish with minnows unless you catch htem from the lake cause they dont want and new species introduced members only boats only are allowed and if you take the boat out of the water you are required to wash the bottom wash the trrailer and flush all livewells before it goes back in the lake. They even disscourage site fishing when the big bass are on beds so they arent disturbed.

Like I said before I catch a toad like that almost every trip out. Catching a 8-13lb'er is pretty common out there.

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 am

Sounds like a pretty cool place. If you have permission to fish that place, then play by the rules.

Thank you for sharing your pic's, but since I got some heat for eating delicious bass in another thread, I wanted to give stool a hard time. I don't think there is anything wrong with catch and release, but most reservoirs have limits and they are there for a reason.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 am

Yea its nice My father-in-law has a cabin on it with a boat in the boathouse. That fish was caught off his neighbors dock.

He gets mad cause he never catches fish like that I he gets a 5lb'er he is excited

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm a bass murderer! murdered a whole bunch this week and then I took them back to my dungeon where they met my sidekicks the evil frying pan and grease.
I laughed when I saw this. Groundswatter is exactly right. The healthiest ponds are the ones that you keep more fish. You will hurt your fish quality by releasing all your fish. I know b/c I've seen it. There are not many people around here that throw back a legal fish and we've have some of the best fishing in the country. Did any of you catch the classic?

Great fish matt. I hope you catch 100 more just like it! If you threw it back thats great. I throw back the small ones :biggrin: .
If you didnt I hope he/she tasted great! Just stick to the rules go every chance you get.

Do you guys duck hunt with blanks?
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:48 pm

They do let you keep some bass but there is a slot I think its 14-16in. I dont know cause if im fishing for food im fishing for crappie or catfish.

IMO bass dont taste as good as some they are good to eat but nothing like crappie or small(12-14in) catfish.

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby MossyGO! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Stool Hunter wrote:Wow nice fish its to bad u had to kill it and the 50,000 thousand babys in it.Killing bass is a shame most peeps dont like to see that .Notice how there arent a lot of post or .replies We all know u killed the fish butt hey keep it up bro thats just sweel for the bass population where u caught it from HA HA HA :fingerhead:

seriously?
idahofowler wrote: i can shoulder a gun faster than anyone i know. i try to let the people i'm hunting with have the first shot because i can clean house even if i fire last. with instinct shots, no one beats me.
MossyGO!
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 am

mattm25tx wrote:They do let you keep some bass but there is a slot I think its 14-16in. I dont know cause if im fishing for food im fishing for crappie or catfish.

IMO bass dont taste as good as some they are good to eat but nothing like crappie or small(12-14in) catfish.

I mostly agree, I do prefer eating crappie or catfish, but . . .put a good enough batter on it, fry it with everything thing else and you won't even taste the difference.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:06 am

Mmmmm Mmmm bass. Delicious. Hopefully I'll have some tomorrow. I'm going fishing with my buddy that got back from Iraq Sunday.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Welp, here's how I did today. Caught two more like the first one and the second one is the biggest bass I've caught. And no I didn't kill them, so don't come throwing fish blood on my deep fryer when I fire it up.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mattm25tx » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:26 pm

I caught a nice 2.5lb'er today after work off the dock my first of the season. I cant wait till the water turns 64deg in the marina thats when they turn on like a switch and 2.5-6 lb'ers are the norm on every other cast (if you know where to throw the brushhog).

mattm25tx
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:34 am

After today I love finesse worms with shaky heads. Never tried them before this year, now I'm in love. :love:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: lets see some Bass

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 am

Not sure how much he weighed exactly but was sure fun to fight
Attachments
boss fish.jpg
You pay for you!

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Monday and Tuesday's catch
Attachments
031009_2212[00].jpg
031009_2216[00].jpg
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 pm

nothing better than 35 degree bass. Fished this pond all last year with cranks, spinners, and never caught anything. Went back to the basics a 7" electric grape power worm I was so excited to find something that worked I was fired up. He isn't huge but a big big confidence booster going into this fishing season for me also caught one a little smaller yesterday.
Attachments
0304091733a.jpg
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Went crappie fishing today, no crappie, 13 bass including this one. Little guy is my nephew from earlier this week, did catch a few crappie that day though.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby OJ_lake_hunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am

Here's a few from Florida....
bigbass.jpg
bigbass2.jpg
OJ_lake_hunter
hunter

Postby clemaire2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 pm

i am a killer also i eat bass and love them

clemaire2
hunter

Postby redhead11990 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:13 pm

picture sucks taken with a phone
Attachments
fish 1.jpg
redhead11990
hunter

Postby killmaster » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:32 am

You boys down south sure get some beauts! The state record Large Mouth for Washington is only 8 Lbs, out of Loon Lake incidentally. I know that's nothing for you guys.
NRA Life Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
DRAKE: End of story.
killmaster
hunter

Next

Return to Fishing