PUBLIC FLOODED TIMBER?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

PUBLIC FLOODED TIMBER?

Postby Henkilr » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:43 pm

We have a duck lease that borders Muscadine. Are there any places close by for flooded timber hunting. Or are there some you can recomend? We only get to hunt are lease friday thru sunday and I would like to find somewhere to go during the week. Thanks alot
God only gives you so many sunrises and I dont plan on missing one of them.
Henkilr
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:57 pm

Off the top of my head I cannot remember where Muscadine is. However there are several WMA's around the state that do offer flooded timber hunts. One is O'keefe in Lambert. You can get all that info at
www.mdwfp.com .
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:51 pm

OK, I got off my buttocks and looked up Muscadine. I assume you were referring to the WMA, Muscadine. How is the hunting there, on the days you hunt? Just curious, if it is worthwhile, I would love to go down there sometime if it is worthwhile.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Henkilr » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 pm

it is funny, they pick somany people and we drive by the check end station on our way to our fields and there are days that nobody shows up. We go over every night and watch the ducks come in by the hundreds. We hear alot of early shooting there when they do hunt. Sometimes 15 min early. We do better when it is hunted cause the ducks leave there and come to our fields.

We keep saying we are going to try to apply but we never do. It does hold alot of ducks. All it is is a bunch of old catfish ponds planted in different things. I think it is set up nice.
God only gives you so many sunrises and I dont plan on missing one of them.
Henkilr
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:46 pm

Muscadine is safe...I took my wife and kid last year. The place is a roost hole however. At first light they ALL get up and leave the area :yes: :yes: :yes: Check your map...theres a WMA just north of Greenville that lists ducks, but, Ive never scouted that place :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby msduckslayer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Do you know the name of the place nort of muscadine? Just curious only places i know of to duck hunt is on the lakes around Greenville unless you are in a club, or know someone.
msduckslayer
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting