finally got some ducks done

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

finally got some ducks done

Postby MicCog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 pm

:hi:
I don't know how many of us gals meander over to the taxidermy side of the forum so I thought I'd post here too........

So, I finally had a chance to get some ducks done. learned what a pain gadwalls are on the wheel, and also learned not to flesh at night in the basement.......but here they are and they're not in thier habitats yet, still undecided what I'm going to do with that part of it right now.......and since they're just our ducks, I don't have to hurry! :smile: but if you see anything outside of the blue bill needed to be fleshed a little better me thinks, and concequently he didn't dry as well....and I probably should have groomed him more.....I know the breast of the gadwall could look a little better from the front (had some issues with sewing up what I had MANGLED on the wheel.....but anyway.....here is my goldeneye I finally put on a "habitat" of sorts, it's actually one side of antlers from my husbands first mulley, so kinda cool he shot both. the other is one that he did finally on a habitat. Looking forward to getting some more done now that things have settled down a little.
[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/Picture009-2.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/Picture002-1.jpg[/img]
[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/Picture004-1.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/Picture007-2.jpg[/img][/img][/list]
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 am

Very nice! I really like the gadwall. They're just neat looking birds to begin with and you definately gave him some 'tude. :thumbsup:

They're all really neat though, your work is definately improving! I really like the way you mounted the goldeneye on the antler. It's very unique.

I'm glad you posted this today. I was about to start a thread asking if anyone was still alive. ;)

We're going to be getting our pintail from our TN trip back in a week or so. I'm excited. Technically, it's my husband's duck, but you know, what's his is mine, right? ;) It was his first pin. Well, techinically we're not sure who hit this one, we think we scared it to death. But the group decided to give it to Joe to replace his real first pintail that he had shot earlier in the day. That first duck was pretty mauled. He picked to get it mounted as a dead mount. Not my personal favorite, but it seemed like it would be safer to ship and Joe really likes how they look.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:41 am

all very nice, but i'm a broadie man, love them ! :thumbsup:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Re: finally got some ducks done

Postby MicCog » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:47 pm

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Outdoor Gal wrote:I'm glad you posted this today. I was about to start a thread asking if anyone was still alive. ;)

Do you feel like that Pink FLoyd song? Hello??? is there anybody out there, just knod if you can hear me, is there anyone home??? ha ha. long day at work, a little goofy.......wish I could blame fumes, ha kidding. at least I'm still employed!!!

well, I'd start a thread about something but I don't know what to talk about. :oops: I know I'm :lame:
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:42 am

Haha, pretty much.

Work has been so crazy of late, that I don't have much time to post either. We're in our "busy season" right now. Ack.

Oh! We got our pintail the other day! I took some pictures but haven't had time to upload them yet. It turned out beautifully! I'm really impressed.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby MicCog » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey lady!
def post some pics of that sprig!!! I haven't done much except put ol bluie in his habitat. sure makes them look more balanced when they're not sitting on a peice of wood.
I hear you about work, we're slammed too and this is suppose to be the slow part of the year! Hopefully things will balance out and we'll be able to maintain a better workflow.

anywho, I don't really have much to say, took 2 days off with the kiddo last week. Sure made it hard to get up this morning after being able to sleep until 7-8 for four days!!!

well, suppose I should see what's in the fridge for supper. not looking forward to cooking, think I'm a little burned out on cooking........
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 am

I have pics on my camera, but I keep forgetting to upload them. Duh! lol.

I pulled some venison loin out of the freezer the other night and I'll be handing it to the hubby and saying "Here, grill this." :lol: Yeah, I don't do many intensive meals. By the time I get home from work, we're both starving, so it's usually things that are pretty simple and easy. Pasta, grilling, breakfast foods, etc. I'm all about breakfast any time of day.

I'd love to see a pic of the duck in habitat! Sounds pretty cool. :)
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum