College Baseball

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

College Baseball

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't know about the rest of America, but I love College Baseball. I think it is one of the most under-rated College Sports out there. It doesn't get near the attention of College Basketball or College Football, but I think that much like College Basketball and Football, College Baseball is still more exciting than the professional leagues it precedes, i.e. Major League Baseball. I'm not saying the College World Series should get more attention than the NCAA basketball Tourney, but it should definitely get more coverage.

The action in college ball is way more exciting. The pace of the game moves at a speed that MLB can only dream of. The controversies involving steroids are non existent,and the season length leaves you wanting more. You would think the same sports purists that look to college football and basketball, because the players in their prospective professional leagues are all about the money and don't have any heart, would somehow demand more coverage for college baseball, but this simply hasn't happened. You would think the steroid scandals and Manny Ramirez would make people write off MLB all together, but this apparently isn't the case.

My Texas A&M Aggies, who have been ranked #1 for some weeks, and are still in the Top 5, have not been televised once this year. Instead of Airing college ball, Networks are too busy televising the Yankee's vs the American national team or the Marlin's vs the Australian national team or worse yet, Pre-Season MLB Ball. When I was living in College Station, air time for my team didn't bother me b/c I could go to the game, but now that I have moved, I'm forced to follow them online. The games I have been able to catch have reminded me why I loved baseball as a child. It reminds me of why baseball is America's Pastime. It makes me forget all of the reasons why I started to loathe the sport, like Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez, and players unions just to name a few.

Oh well, whats a College Baseball fan to do. I guess I'll keep streaming my games on the internet until people finally tire of the scandals.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Re: College Baseball

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:44 pm

I feel your pain, i love college baseball. Played in college for a bit, unfortunately not at the level that i like to watch. Wichita State is coming to lawrence to play the Jayhawks next tuesday, never miss those games,luckily i live 20 min from KU. Get to see how the young team is looking this year, 13 true freshman, should be fine. Not looking forward to playin your aggies this year, they are good.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 am

I'm going to College Station on business in a couple of weeks so I'm going to get to catch a game or two that week. Luckily they've been streaming the games on the internet, so I can watch them that way. Just hacks you off when you have a nice big screen TV and are stuck watching baseball on your laptop.

The aggies do look good this year. In previous years we lived and died by our offense, but this year we have a little pitching to back it up. Just looking at the Polls, there seems to be about 5 Big 12 teams ranked, so this should be an exciting year.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Must be something about the midwest. I too love college baseball! I can see none of us can agree on a team (Go Huskers :thumbsup: ), at least we can agree on a conf. to cheer for ( Go BigXII). We go to alot of games in Lincoln every year, my dad has had season tics since I can remember. Will have to say that the Big XII is one of the best out there this year. If you have never been to CWS it is worth the trip to Omaha. It is an experience like none you have ever had before. Everyone is there to see baseball not just their team, they are all college baseball fans. Now it sounds like they will be moving to a new stadium in downtown Omaha. Good idea, Rosenbaltt is getting old and run down.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Went to the CWS in 1991, was an awesome experience, watched LSU and Miami in game 1 and Florida and Florida St in game 2. Dont know how i havent made it back since Omaha is only three hours away. Want to make it for a minor league game this year also, friend lives on the iowa side and has season tickets, will make that trip this year.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 pm

The Hawks finished a 3-game sweep over no.1 Texas today. Started two true freshman and a soph. in the three games. Complete game win over Wichita St. by a true freshman 2 weeks ago. Still a ways to go, but the future is lookin good for Kansas baseball.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Huskers just went 2-1 over the OSU Cowboys! That is a brite spot for this team. We are a young team with not a lot of experience but we are getting there.
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:18 pm

I love all college sports. Lot better to watch knowing these kids play for pride not money.

We (LSU) have a great series with Ole Miss coming up that will really test who we are and if we can hang. I personally don't think anybody can beat us in a series right now. Looks like its going the be another great year.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Texas A&M just swept Kansas this weekend. I didn't get to watch but the scores make it look like each game was pretty close. I know Kansas was young, but A&M needed to sweep a team to get back some confidence.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Damn we just can't keep it together for three straight games. Played hard against Ole Miss though, which I still belive nobody can beat us in a series. Here we come Georgia. :grooving:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Groundswatter, knew that would be a tough series, wish we could have taken atleast one game. Do like the fact that the Hawks can go on the road and play with a team like the Aggies, something we havent been able to do in a while. That was their 6th and 7th loss of the year by one run, all of them on the road. Hopefully by the end of the year we will start winning a few of these games.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Well Tennessee had our number and we lost a stupid game to Nicholls St. now where at 6th in the AP but got another big series with Auburn. Got to sweep this one if we want to move back up. Boys need to straighten up.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Sports