DECOY TRAILER

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

DECOY TRAILER

Postby doane25 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 am

i just bought a 6 x 12 trailer for all of my honker dekes. i really need some help on how to organize it. how do you guys have your trailers rigged up? i only have 72 foots, 3 dozen shells, and 2 dozen silos. but i plan on getting more. i'm throwing around a couple ideas. any help would be great.
doane25
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:32 pm

The foots you can just pile into the trailer with no problems. Other brands like GHG, HCs, etc most guys make padded shelves for them so they hold up longer.

Some will make a slide in rack to 1 side for the FA blinds that is accessable from the rear doors with ashelve above it. If finisher type of blinds, some will make a rack up front cross ways to store them. Use a couple of bunjees to keep them in place.

Consider a foam backed cheap carpeting inside to cushion the gear.

Add enough lights--the inside lights can be hooked up to the trailer running lights A(at least 2 lights). For outside--use a seperate electric line and add 4 (1 each side and 2 to rear) to 6 (2to each side and 2 to rear) flood type lights like used on tractors. This is so when setting decoys you can illuminate the area for easy setting up.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby doane25 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 pm

alright, thanks. any other ideas?
doane25
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:51 pm

Ventilation Especially for summer months. If it is a dark colored trailer the heat can get pretty bad. Some will put polystyrene insul between the studs and cover it with plywood (3/8"). But even light colored trailers should be vented. 1 low and 1 high to exhaust the heat of summer-especially if you store the decoys inside all summer.

Some put rock aluminum plate rock guards on the front of the trailer.

I bet others have other things to mention too.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Cobra » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:22 pm

Silver tarp over the top never hurts, reflects the sun.
Cobra
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum