Robert Kiyosaki explains crisis....

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Robert Kiyosaki explains crisis....

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 pm

Go to his website and click on "Conspiracy of the Rich", his new online book project, first three chapters are finished. You have to register..but it's worth the effort because Chapter three is where the bomb shells drop....Spot-on assessment IMHO.

http://www.richdad.com/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Robert Kiyosaki explains crisis....

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:46 am

Is this news to you? The conspiracy of the well-heeled to scam those not so well off. NEWSFLASH! This has been one of my main bitches on DHC!

Kiyosaki, however, is a proponent of "passive income," which is making money through investments rather than real work. This boook sounds like a tell all. I suppose we all like money we don't have to work for, but chasing it doggedly without adding value in the process is one of our national problems that has brought us to where we are now. Go figure.

Maybe you could cut and paste the bombshell in chapter 3, so I won't have to use any of the money I made through work, so he can make it his... passively.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Ya I agree with dude post the bombshell then we can argue that. :lol3:
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:09 pm

dudejcb wrote:Is this news to you? The conspiracy of the well-heeled to scam those not so well off. NEWSFLASH! This has been one of my main bitches on DHC!

Kiyosaki, however, is a proponent of "passive income," which is making money through investments rather than real work. This boook sounds like a tell all. I suppose we all like money we don't have to work for, but chasing it doggedly without adding value in the process is one of our national problems that has brought us to where we are now. Go figure.

Maybe you could cut and paste the bombshell in chapter 3, so I won't have to use any of the money I made through work, so he can make it his... passively.

Dude, you have just shown me your ignorance of how capitalism works. That's fine...it seems to be an epidemic in this country. To each his own. Smart money makes money off dumb money....

No,I did not realize the extent to which this country is under the control of the elite international bankers... manipulating the money supply. This is unconstitutional. And no argument can be made to the contrary if one studies the history of the constitution and how the founding fathers warned of an unsound supply and having a central bank.

When an entrepreneur creates a product that makes a task easier-i.e. (the washing machine)...he is creating value-not only by the product he invents, but also by the people he employs. Making a honest profit in this manner is what this country was founded on...freedom to live your own life as well off or as poor as you like. I have no problem with people making an honest profit. I do have a problem with ultra wealthy individuals manipulating our money supply, fleecing purchasing power from every individual in our country by devaluing our currency, lending our money to totalitarian dictators to start wars for a profit.

People whom try to "chase it doggedly without adding value in the process..." are not euntrepreneurs...they are gamblers, following the greater fool theory. They seldom succeed in the long run...they will win now and again in a rising market, but eventually the law of averages catches up with them and they loose and give it all back to the market-as it should be. These people are partly responsible for where we are at in this crisis...but not entirely. A large percentage of it lays squarely at the feet of those involved in the derivatives market...primarily our big banks.

I can't cut and paste the section because it is an online book project. he is seeking feedback on sections of the book. the log in is free....you can read the book for free.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Dude, you have just shown me your ignorance of how capitalism works. That's fine...it seems to be an epidemic in this country. To each his own. Smart money makes money off dumb money....
No, I think we tend to agree, as your note goes on to say further down. It's one thing to invest in the development of a new product and make money, or to inviest and have your stock values rise. But it's quite another thing to manipulate the markets to make a stock go up one day and then sell the next before it goes down just ot skim and add no value to the system. this is what large investors do and have done and it is why we have booms and crashes rather than steady growth with reasonable adjustments.

After the Great Depression we put smart regulation and oversight systems in place and had fairly continuous growth for 50 years. Then in the '80s along came the Reagan machine talking about how evil the government was, and they started to remove regulations and oversight. almost immediately we had the S&L debacle, then the tech boom, and now the meltdown. all in about 20-years. GENIUS!

Indaswamp wrote:When an entrepreneur creates a product that makes a task easier-i.e. (the washing machine)...he is creating value-not only by the product he invents, but also by the people he employs. Making a honest profit in this manner is what this country was founded on...freedom to live your own life as well off or as poor as you like. I have no problem with people making an honest profit..
Yes I agree. this is what capitalism should be. Even Adam Smith warned against the potenital excesses of unrestratined capitalism.

Indaswamp wrote:I do have a problem with ultra wealthy individuals manipulating our money supply, fleecing purchasing power from every individual in our country by devaluing our currency, lending our money to totalitarian dictators to start wars for a profit. .
Yes. ditto.

Indaswamp wrote:People whom try to "chase it doggedly without adding value in the process..." are not euntrepreneurs...they are gamblers, following the greater fool theory. They seldom succeed in the long run...they will win now and again in a rising market, but eventually the law of averages catches up with them and they loose and give it all back to the market-as it should be. These people are partly responsible for where we are at in this crisis...but not entirely. A large percentage of it lays squarely at the feet of those involved in the derivatives market...primarily our big banks."]
Yes, but not so much gamblers as Gamblers who rig the game. When you and all your "investor pals" buy and sell in near unison, they as a group, can swing the market (manipulate) up or down as they buy and sell making money in either case.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Yes, but not so much gamblers as Gamblers who rig the game. When you and all your "investor pals" buy and sell in near unison, they as a group, can swing the market (manipulate) up or down as they buy and sell making money in either case.

It has been called "the electronic herd"...it's done by computers of some of the largest mutual funds and hedge funds...The volatility has been institutionalized. A big problem I have with mutual funds is that they tell you to invest long...while they invest short, causing these swings! At least hedge funds are up front about it....going short or long.

I am not a fan of mutual funds...too many down side risks with not enough return. To me it's the biggest snow job of the investment industry. When the rules were changed, from defined benefit plans (by companies) to defined contribution plans...the responsibility for the investment was placed on the average joe...and left the investment education to those whom will profit from the investments, financial planners with a canned sales pitch... That is the fox guarding the hen house! bordering on criminal and profits from fear mongering of ignorant people....

And just so we are clear, "investing" in the stock market for capital gains is not really investing, it is gambling because you as the investor have no control over the investment.
Last edited by Indaswamp on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:01 pm

After the Great Depression we put smart regulation and oversight systems in place and had fairly continuous growth for 50 years. Then in the '80s along came the Reagan machine talking about how evil the government was, and they started to remove regulations and oversight. almost immediately we had the S&L debacle, then the tech boom, and now the meltdown. all in about 20-years. GENIUS!

Dude you are forgetting the most important reason for these booms and meltdowns...Nixon removing our dollar from the gold standard in 1971. If you understand the impact that one change had on our economy...it'll all make sense.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum