Valentine National Wildlife Refuge

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Valentine National Wildlife Refuge

Postby HuntsDucks » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 am

hey fellas, my name is Brandon. My father and I and few others are planning a trip out west to Nebraska near the Valentine National Wildlife Refuge in November for the week before Thanksgiving. We are planning to do some duck, phesant, quail and Mule deer hunting. Just wanted to see if anybody wanted to give some fellow hunters from VA some pointers or recommendations on where to go, there or surrounding areas anything would be appreciated my father is bringing my uncle to try and get a mule deer so if nothing else something for this would be much appreciated seeing my uncle is starting to get up in age and I doubt he will ever be able to make the trip again due to age and health reasons. Thanks so much for y'alls help.
your Friend in Christ, Brandon Witt
HuntsDucks
hunter

Re: Valentine National Wildlife Refuge

Postby HuntsDucks » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm just curious as to why nobody has bother to respond to my post is it because nobody has any info, none they would like to share or just don't like people from VA.
HuntsDucks
hunter

Postby k9horseluvr » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:19 pm

I've noticed that not alot of people are on the Nebraska forum. It is very hit and miss and most of the guys that are on here are from around the Grand Island area. I'll be PCSing back to NE this summer but again I hunt around the Kearney area and SW NE. You'll find that Nebraskans are very hospitable but alot aren't online. If they are, they only use it for email. I wish you the best of luck.
K9
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction:
"I served in the United States Navy"
-JFK
k9horseluvr
Forum Moderator

Postby Duck Runner » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:54 pm

I can't think of anyone on here who would know anything about the area. Sorry, not much knowledge about hunting in the area.
Duck Runner
State Moderator

Postby HuntsDucks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Thank you for yalls input any is appreciated.
HuntsDucks
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting