March Madness

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

March Madness

Postby MinnesotaDan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't follow basketball but I've been talking mad game about how I'm going to run the tables and smash everyone in the brackets. So anyone in the next 24 hours wanna help me make my picks? I think I wanna put Memphis winning it, maybe Kansas. I don't know!
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Re: March Madness

Postby zagster11 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 pm

I like memphis but they seem like they might be a little lucky. I would pick Kansas personally but thats just my .02
It's finally here...
zagster11
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:42 am

I have Kansas winning one of my brackets and Memphis winning another one. I had Kansas winning last year and it pretty much brought me from worst to first. It looked like I had shaman like abilities but I really just guessed cuase they were seeded high. I've actually been watching sports center and trying to build a good bracket this year and its more stress than fun. But I only have myself to blame, because I talk trash and then I worry about losing.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Memphis seems to never get their just due from anyone. Just because the rest of the teams in their conference are inferior, how is that their fault. They tried to make the same conference move a few years back along with Cincinatti and Louisville. All three were in the former Metro Conference. Memphis is a heckuva lot better than alot of people think. They came out a little cold today, but when you are a top tier team and you play a 15 seed, this is that 15 seed's Super Bowl and they tend to play the game of their lives. Memphis is a strong bet.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:56 pm

Go Hawks, not as optimistic as last year, but anything is possible. not sure about memphis either, have seen them play really well and not so well, depends on which team shows up to play.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 am

3Kansas 62

2Michigan St. 67

Well hows ya'll brackets now :lol3:

They keep saying this is a shity tourney but just because the big dogs are winning makes it suck please. I'm sitting pretty right now. I drew Pitt, Louisville, and N.C. at our work bracket but UCONN scares me, there damn good.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:49 am

My bracket was doing great, right up until the sweet 16. I know some people have trashed the tourney, b/c there is no Cinderella story, but I have watched some great games. I though Mizzou did a good job of sticking with UConn last night. If they would have had a couple of more shots fall it would have been a different game.

We'll see what Mich. State and Louisville do tonight. I'm also looking forward to Oklahoma and UNC.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:38 am

My bracket is complete trash. I stopped caring when Memphis lost. UNC, PIT, Memphis and Liousivlle were my final four.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Man i'm pissed, we ran a bracket at work dropped 40 bucks on it and got Louisiville, Pitt and UNC as my highest seeds. And two of them turds folded. Lord help me, UNC make me proud.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Me and MD had the same final four picks. I picked UNC to make it to the final game, but picked them to lose. I honestly hate UNC enough to hope they don't make it to the final game, even though I picked them.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Well thanks to UNC i'm now 160 buck richer.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Sports