Snaggin

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, Montanafowler, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON

Re: Snaggin

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri May 15, 2009 12:57 pm

berettaguy17 wrote:hey spinner, have you ever bowfished down here in LaSalle county. i guess they have some good asian shoots in the spring valley pool of the illinois
I'm not exactly sure where the boundaries are, but I fish out of Starved Rock a lot. The Vermillian River is a great place to target gar and grass carp. We have a big tournament out of Henry in July. Last year was an off year for the tournament, we only got about 1,100 :yes: My boat got 32 and one black eye :eek: I guess I should have told the guy not to catch them with his face :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby berettaguy17 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:47 am

starved rock is where i was talking about. i only live 5 minutes from it. i see lots and lots of bowfisherman heading outta there in the summer. i think they have some pretty good grass carp shoots above the damn at starved rock in the ottawa pool
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Postby 1FowlHNTR » Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 pm

kind of off subject, but if you want to try it, I used to catch spoonbills on whole kernel corn below spillways all the time while fishing for trout....usually best where the slack water started.
SERVICE MEMBERS....If you do not want to stand BEHIND US, feel free to stand IN FRONT OF US...
NRA LIFE MEMBER
DELTA WATERFOWL MEMBER
DUCKS UNLIMITED MEMBER
DUCK COMMANDER "DUCKAHOLICS" MILITARY MEMBER
REFUGE RAT MILITARY MEMBER
1FowlHNTR
hunter

Previous

Return to Fishing