If you have a second

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

If you have a second

Postby TNmatt83 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey guys I have a prayer request. I know that nobody on here will know this family but I believe that prayer is a powerful thing and I know this family would really appreciate all the prayers they can get. A young couple that I go to church with and I’ve known for a very long time recently had twin boys and one of the boys was born with a severe heart defect. They were able to get a heart translplant and everything seemed to be going well. This past Sunday the family noticed something was not right so they took the baby to the hospital and found there was some swelling and fluid on the brain. Emergency surgery was performed Sunday afternoon but apparently the doctors felt that the problems the baby was experiencing were similar to shaken baby syndrome and accused the parents of abusing the child. The state came in and has taken both babies away from the parents and put them in foster care. Fortunately another family from church was able to step in as foster parents but the couple is not allowed to have any contact with them and the doctors are not allowed to give the parents ANY updates on the child’s condition. I have personally known this family a LONG time and know they would NEVER hurt one of their own kids!!!! They go to court tomorrow and I just wanted to ask if anybody has a second to say a quick prayer for both the baby and the parents. This has been hard enough on them to have a child so sick and now to have both children taken away is unimaginable for me. I’ll try to give an update tomorrow. Thanks guys. The name of the family is the Whites and the babies are Reed and Braden.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Re: If you have a second

Postby mox » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Prayer sent from Clarksville...
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby SoWeGaDuckMan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Prayers sent from Tifton.
SoWeGaDuckMan
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks guys! They go to court tomorrow at noon. A couple close friends of the family went and met with child services or whatever their name is and found out that this will be at least a 60 day investigation where the parents are not allowed to have any contact with the kids. They think the father who i've known probably 10 years or more tried to kill the baby. It's very hard for me to understand, these are parents who knew from very early in the pregnancy that one of their children had many health problems and they have done everything possible to care for him and have lived at the hospital for the past 4 months since they were born. Things were starting to get better and now they are accused of this. It doesn't make sense. My mom stayed with the babies this afternoon for a while and some friends were saying that both parents were not doing very well at all. Again thanks to anybody who reads this. - Matt
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Any news yet matt?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:Any news yet matt?

Well a couple small positive steps today. The court gave custody to the mother's parents and both parents will be allowed to see the kids under supervision. The investigators say that this type of injury to a child can only take place by "shaking" a baby. There's not much that can be done until the 60 days is up now. I don't really even know how they investigate something like this other than look at the person's character in which case there are hundreds of people who will stand up for the parents. At least Ryan and Keely (the parents) will get to have some interaction with their kids now for the next two months. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything else.
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I have said a prayer for the sick child's recovery and one that the Lord take care of the family and protect the children, also for the truth to be known and if needed justice be served.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:57 am

Anymore updates matt?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality