OPEN CARRY

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Re: OPEN CARRY

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 pm

VtechSkybuster wrote:In Vt we have no Concealed Carry Laws. They dont even give permits if u wanted to apply for one. We do what we want when we want where we want! Gotta Love it! The Day I Turned 21 i bought my SR9 and took it home that day :grooving:. At 18 you can have a hand gun but u cant buy them or ammo until u turn 21.

That's all fine and good, but there are only 2 states that honor your right to carry. :no: My state has the most states that will recognize it. :yes:

Nearly every state I know if you can buy a pistol at 21 and walk out the door with it. The only exceptions that I know of are CA and NY.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntin fool » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I live in AZ and we are allowed to open carry without a permit. If you wanted to conceal carry you had to go to 1 day of class, pass a shooting exercise, background check and finger printing. Recently our governor signed into a law that a citizen could conceal carry without out the CCW class. Her theory was that a citizen could open carry w/o a permit, why should a citizen need a "permission slip" to conceal carry. Understand the arguement and agree. But, the teacher that taught my CCW class was awsome and learned a little too......... and believe that a day in class to learn the law a little better and remind you that there are NEVER any accidents when using firearms is never a bad idea. My 2 cents
huntin fool
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 pm

I think you should have to qualify with a pistol to get any permit to carry. If you don't then that opens up all sorts of legal junk. Even if you want to OC I'd still take the CC class just for the legal side of things to back up the fact you are efficient with a pistol

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kjm1022 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 am

Here in Massachusetts a class A license to carry with no restrictions allows you to carry a handgun concealed or open, to my knowledge. However, I have NEVER seen anyone open carry in this state other than LEO. It does not state anywhere in the laws that you cannot open carry but the hassle of it just isnt worth it. :sad:

At anytime the licensing authority can deem you an "unsuitable person" to carry a handgun, and just like that you're license is gone. So if someone causes a scene about you open carrying and the police show up, and they will, they can make up numerous charges to slap you with. Some of which can be disturbing the peace, intimidation, and whatever else they can make up. :mad:

Unfortunately here in Massachusetts, liberal dems run wild and are the majority. People here fear guns, shooting sports, ranges, and hunters. The majority of them only have knowledge of guns from the news reports of shootings in and around the city of Boston, so all guns are evil and no one should own one. It's too bad because we are the location of the "Shot Heard Around the World", the Revolutionary War, where we fought for our independance and freedom with guns handled by everyday men, farmers, blacksmiths and the sort. Kinda sad to see Massachusetts fear what set them free to begin with... :no:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm

we just had a incident in portland maine where a gentleman was OC-ing (which is 100% legal in maine) and a officer had him face down in the dirt, unarmed him and brought him in for interigation in front of his family. welllllll it started a war in portland. the following weekend guys carried handguns and assult rifles and had a stand off with the cops becuase of that mans unrightful arrest. the news papers have been having feild days on both sides. one of the senators or mayor or whatever is calling OC antisocial behavior and puts fear into the community.

so last weekend we had a OC BBQ by one of the walking paths that goes around the city.

a right unexercised is a right lost... as for CC ive been waiting 5 weeks for my permit to come in the mail, anyday now
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby VtechSkybuster » Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Daffy, I read that story in our local newspaper and was not pleased. I also read the article on the rally in portland, and think that was a great idea and a great way to get the word out there. I also thought it was pretty cool to read about the Jeep with the .30 cal mounted on it at the rally, it was a great touch. haha
They might get my guns, but they're gonna get the bullets first!!
VtechSkybuster
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

hahaha yep the jeep with the machine gun was a great addition.

the first one was bad. i attended but "undercover." i thought for sure there was going to be a fire fight. when a protestor mounts his ar15 as a squad car approached you gotta wonder. the second one was great, we had over a 100 guns, and about 125 people; 30 were expected to attend. best part was not a single gun owner brought a sign to protest, we simply had a cook out and hung out with the local gun owners. the antis all made fouls of themselves with their air-head signs like "im going for a walk, dont shoot me." making them to appear to be over concerned about our afternoon cookout. pretty cool that other states caught wind of this

100 guns give or take and to think, not a single person was injured or killed :eek:
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Thu May 06, 2010 6:35 am

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What part of that jives with concealed carry laws or CC classes?

None of it does.

There are 20,000 separate laws on the books concerning guns.

All of them are illegal, by our constitution.

You can't be pro second amendment and support these laws, to any degree.

I OC and CC and do both. If somebody tries to disarm me, they are in for a surprise. Cops who over-react need to be sued every time for constitutional rights violations. I don't advocate drawing on a cop, your going to lose that legal battle every time, especially if you win the gun battle. But I also don't advocate punk over zealous cops being able to get away with S***. Screw them.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Thu May 06, 2010 10:03 am

^someone get this guy a megaphone and a milk crate to stand on!^
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Fri May 07, 2010 4:37 am

Sorry, I just hear everyone, especially PREACHER, saying they are for laws and restrictions on who gets to defend themselves. This shouldn't be an issue we even discuss, all of you should have the same rights as adult Americans. No local laws, no states with different laws to cross into, no design laws... Its all Illegal.

Cops stop being cops when they break the law. They become criminals. That is what a criminal is, isn't it? Someone who breaks the law? Cops are the first people to pursue the prosecution of criminals. I would follow their example and sue the hell out of them and their PD.

I'm glad to hear that Maine is still standing up for their rights and fighting.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby apexhunter » Fri May 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I totally agree with you Don! The Constitution grants us the RIGHT to keep and bear arms yet the States take it upon themselves to control the who, when, where and how us citizens can exercise those rights. While I totally agree with one educating themselves on how the law is applied to the use of deadly force, I totally disagree with the State having the power to regulate my ability do use it (ability to use it, not capability as those are entirely different meanings).
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:25 pm

don taylor wrote:The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

None of it does.

I OC and CC and do both. If somebody tries to disarm me, they are in for a surprise. Cops who over-react need to be sued every time for constitutional rights violations. I don't advocate drawing on a cop, your going to lose that legal battle every time, especially if you win the gun battle. But I also don't advocate punk over zealous cops being able to get away with S***. Screw them.

Gotta disagree with you here Don.

2nd states A WELL REGULATED militia as part of it. That means that in good faith of our freedom we should have laws. I actually agree with some of the laws.
devildog28
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:57 pm

devildog28 wrote:
don taylor wrote:The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

None of it does.

Gotta disagree with you here Don.

2nd states A WELL REGULATED militia as part of it. That means that in good faith of our freedom we should have laws. I actually agree with some of the laws.

I agree with that. I don't mind a 15 minute background check, and I sure don't mind having to go to a class and qualify with a handgun to get a CCP.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby devildog28 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 pm

I don't think that Don is a wacko militia type based on what I've seen him type. It's the revolt! revolt! people that want to fight at the drop of a hat over the 2nd amendment that bug me.

I've heard the "well they're gonna get a gun anyways" responses over and over again, but it's just not true. Not every criminal has a backyard arms dealer, and for some the challenge of getting one might give them time to think about what they want to do.
devildog28
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 am

I'll just have to disagree to a further extent. A well regulated militia means that we should have an idea who's on our side and be able to coordinate efforts more effectively if the need should arise to pick up arms. When the constitution was written, it was right after the revolutionary war. That war was won by Americans acting as soldiers, not by American soldiers. The idea is that we all have the right to defend our life and liberty and putting restrictions on who has that right is unconstitutional.

I'm not a militia type, but I'm a borderline 3%er. If you don't know what a 3%er is, google it.

Next?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Thu May 13, 2010 2:45 pm

im with don, the second pretty much grants us to protect ourselves.... especialy from the goverment. why give the goverment anymore satifaction in crushing our freedom

its rare finding a gun owner who comes from a family or friends that dont regulate and educate the person unfamiluar to firearms. if sh!theads can breed without a permit i sure as sh!t dont feel like you should be forced to pay for a (BB) gun-type safety class
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Thu May 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Why do you presume its worded the way it is? For collectors? The 2nd has nothing to do with hunting or target shooting and the way its worded, it keeps all Americans armed to defend against a government oppression first and foremost. You may feel that the primary reason you should be armed is to defend against a would be criminal assault. Sorry, the founding fathers were more concerned with England, Spain and France, not car jackings, home invasions and muggings. Maybe Jihadists

I take it literally to mean NO INFRINGEMENT.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Thu May 13, 2010 5:54 pm

ive heard of a 1%er. never a 3%er... i got a kick out of this desription http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=3%25
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Now I'm having a problem finding the exact site I referenced, but here's a bit of it...

Here’s a very important set of facts about the Revolutionary War that every person who would call themselves an American should know.  • During the Revolutionary War, only THREE percent of the people actually fought against Great Britain. • Only TEN percent of the citizens actively supported that three percent. • Approximately TWENTY percent considered themselves to be on the side of the Revolution, but they did not actively participate. • Towards the climatic end of the war, approximately THIRTY percent actually fought on the side of the British. • The rest of the citizens had no disposition either way.  They didn’t care.  They didn’t want anything to do with what they deemed to simply be a political issue. The sanctity, liberty, and freedoms of this nation were brought about by the unselfish, honorable, patriotic, committed, and determined acts of a mere 3%.  This three percent didn’t let the comforts of life blind them to the eternal significance of freedom.  They didn’t allow evil speaking to sway what their heart told them was true.  They didn’t postpone their actions for a more convenient time.  They didn’t value their own life over the life and liberty of their fellow citizens.  In many cases, they sealed their testimony of Freedom, Liberty, and Choice with their blood and the blood of their families.  Although it was only three percent, it was still sufficient to create a nation which was to be an example to all the rest of the world of a truly free republic.  This three percent laid the foundation of the most powerful and prosperous nation on the earth.  This valiant three percent manifested to the entire nation, and surely even the world, the unalienable value of hope, faith, family, virtue and freedom.

I can go on, but apply this to our modern day society and peoples disregard for what their country is doing to further restict our right.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Fri May 14, 2010 9:32 am

i believe only 3% of our nation is a aprt of the NRA also
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 am

In MI we can carry open with no permit required, If you want to conceal it you must have a permit to do so. I have carried since 1991 and I think it is a RIGHT to do so.

I am currently vacationing in Brentwood TN with family and I carried it thru OH and KY and have carried the entire vacation here in TN. Once all the states get their crap together It will be a lot better for all of us "gun toters"

Preach, Whats with this 97 degree HEAT? I was told it usually in not this hot in nashville this time of year :crying:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:05 pm

waterfowlhunter wrote:In MI we can carry open with no permit required, If you want to conceal it you must have a permit to do so. I have carried since 1991 and I think it is a RIGHT to do so.

I am currently vacationing in Brentwood TN with family and I carried it thru OH and KY and have carried the entire vacation here in TN. Once all the states get their crap together It will be a lot better for all of us "gun toters"

Preach, Whats with this 97 degree HEAT? I was told it usually in not this hot in nashville this time of year :crying:

Beats me. This is the hottest it's been here since 2007. I just got back from counseling and speaking at church camp for Jr. Highers and it was hot there too. Hit 97 there daily and was hotter in the chapel than outside. The only AC we got was in the cabins. Dehydration took a couple kids, why they don't listen when I say drink water I don't know. Between that and them being accident prone, my medical bag took a hit.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum